lowered truck pics

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Maybe I won't do the hangers then.. I had the over loads out before but it would hop like crazy when I got on it. Is there any other fix for that besides traction bars? Also I will need to do air bags in the rear because I tow my car with the truck. All this sounds like is more $$$$$. Stupid trucks!
BTW Hondarider, I love the way your LBZ sat

If you pulled the overloads, you 100% should be running a traction bar of some sort. That hop you're getting is bad axle wrap. You will end up breaking U joints or twisting the drive shaft. When I pulled mine, I just went with the Cognito standard trac bars and they work great. Rides great and quiet bars. I have Caltracs too but hate them on the street. Way too rough and noisey.

20miller12

Aug 27, 2014
my duramax just became friends with the pavement
15446363543_669a3087cd_z.jpg

Should have the flip kit put on by next week and the 22s back on also
That drop on the front is 100% factory parts

20miller12

Aug 27, 2014
I used 1500 lca 2500 bars and keys but had to swap bars left to right and flip 180 so they maintained the same torsional load and not twisting opposite direction. Cut off the jounce bracket to allow room for 1500 lca to swing and also you have to run 1500 shocks. Next project might be building an air setup on front that works with 4wd and doesn't involve mounting on the uca. Prolly won't as I find being low and static more appealing then bagged.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I used 1500 lca 2500 bars and keys but had to swap bars left to right and flip 180 so they maintained the same torsional load and not twisting opposite direction. Cut off the jounce bracket to allow room for 1500 lca to swing and also you have to run 1500 shocks. Next project might be building an air setup on front that works with 4wd and doesn't involve mounting on the uca. Prolly won't as I find being low and static more appealing then bagged.

I like your truck, so please don't take this as a criticism. Is there a reason you didn't just do coilovers in the front with some drop spindles? You could be just as low, it's easier and you save about 100 lbs. Also, how is your frame not destroying the asphalt. :roflmao:

20miller12

Aug 27, 2014
Yes it's 4wd and also truck has a 3.5" body drop and coil overs aren't out of the picture either and I Just like to be different that's why I try different options then the norm