LML Straight Pipe

DenaliHD66

Aug 20, 2011
So I couldn't find any other section to put this in related to the topic, so feel free to move it if you must.

I would buy a Duramax today, if I was confident in straight piping it. I couldn't do most of the work myself, that's out of my range. I live in PA, where there is inspection and emission tests, so I was wondering if straight piping the LML would result in a failure of either of these.

Also, where do I go to get the tuning done for it so it doesn't throw all the codes. I don't want anything to do with the DEF system bare minimum. If I have to keep the DPF to pass emissions, so be it, but I am NOT driving a truck that the government has control over (indirectly) can stop working if urea tank is empty.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So I couldn't find any other section to put this in related to the topic, so feel free to move it if you must.

I would buy a Duramax today, if I was confident in straight piping it. I couldn't do most of the work myself, that's out of my range. I live in PA, where there is inspection and emission tests, so I was wondering if straight piping the LML would result in a failure of either of these.

Also, where do I go to get the tuning done for it so it doesn't throw all the codes. I don't want anything to do with the DEF system bare minimum. If I have to keep the DPF to pass emissions, so be it, but I am NOT driving a truck that the government has control over (indirectly) can stop working if urea tank is empty.

Buy a Dodge.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
If you touch anything your prolly not gone pass emission testing. H&S has tuning available to delete everything.

Get over the DEF it's not a big deal:rolleyes: I would buy one first, I think you'll be suprised how happy you'll be with it

Dec 2, 2006
TN
If you touch anything your prolly not gone pass emission testing. H&S has tuning available to delete everything.

Get over the DEF it's not a big deal:rolleyes: I would buy one first, I think you'll be suprised how happy you'll be with it

X2...

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan

X3!!! Love mine! even being 100% stock, couldn't be happier! pretty damn good empty mileage (around 16.5 per tank including a regen cycle) the urea isn't a big deal at all... i no longer add fuel additives and just look at it as a substitute to that lol just keep a gallon as a spare in the truck and you'll never be stranded:thumb:

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I actually haven't even reinstalled my H&S because the stock power is fine for me. The H&S didn't show much improvement.