LML Snapped Crank

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
Ever tore down a 3516 that snapped at #6? Tiz like OMG.

yeah wish my work would allow us to have camaras i have seen lots of f up 3516

the best though is when they break a piston and the rod is left to swing around i have see it happen twice at my work it will dam near break the block in half lol

glad to see gm picking up the warrenty if i ever bought a new truck i would be so scared to do anything to it for fear of warrenty then again i dont think i would ever drive it lol

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Looks fun! No pulling the cab though? I've never done an LML yet so didn't know which way is the easier route.
This was my first engine and it was not fun! lol There is alot more stuff on this motor than previous generations. I debated on pulling the cab but it wasn't too bad. I had the motor out in about 4 hours

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
yeah wish my work would allow us to have camaras i have seen lots of f up 3516

the best though is when they break a piston and the rod is left to swing around i have see it happen twice at my work it will dam near break the block in half lol

glad to see gm picking up the warrenty if i ever bought a new truck i would be so scared to do anything to it for fear of warrenty then again i dont think i would ever drive it lol
Haha, I think it's pretty cool how they handled this. We havent seen alot of issues with these trucks other than the damn DEF lol

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
yeah a few friends have lmls and the only reason they ever go into the shop is because of emmisions crap other then that they there awesome

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Mine has been perfect, with no returns to the shop for anything. I only want to delete dpf on this one, but was worried the warranty issue could be a problem. This thread helps a little.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ever tore down a 3516 that snapped at #6? Tiz like OMG.

I,wanna see

No Brian, I haven't seen any big boys break the cranks yet, just some piched rods... I have some pictures of a 3516 from the 80's that ripped the whole block in half when the transmission went from 6th to 1st I'll post them up tomorrow when I get to work. Fubar comes to mind:D

Where are those pics at yo?

Ive heard of that.

I tore down a 3516 with 460 hours that broke the crank in half. Talk about cool :D

We (and when i say we, i mean someone like you two)...should start a heavy machinery carnage thread, I wanna see these big engine parts:D