LML Snapped Crank

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ever tore down a 3516 that snapped at #6? Tiz like OMG.

No Brian, I haven't seen any big boys break the cranks yet, just some piched rods... I have some pictures of a 3516 from the 80's that ripped the whole block in half when the transmission went from 6th to 1st I'll post them up tomorrow when I get to work. Fubar comes to mind:D

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Wow I wasn't expecting that. We had an LBZ snap a crank a few years ago. Had an EGT probe and straight piped. It took gm a month and two inspectors to even approve of an engine as they were out for blood to find proof it was tuned.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
They said the ecm calibrations had been moddified but the engines max torque output that we documented was not enough to cause the failure. This guy is lucky! lol

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
They said the ecm calibrations had been moddified but the engines max torque output that we documented was not enough to cause the failure. This guy is lucky! lol
No kidding! It is nice that they are starting to use some common sense now. It is still common for them to void everything if a tuner has ever touched it. Glad they admitted this was a actual manufacturer defect, and didn't just blame the tuner.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Thats the way it should be done. Go by the numbers.

Lots of guys I know through a tuner on to get better mileage, correct for bigger tires,etc and are running no more power than stock.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Thats the way it should be done. Go by the numbers.

Lots of guys I know through a tuner on to get better mileage, correct for bigger tires,etc and are running no more power than stock.
I was thinking the same thing. I've heard they are going to start using the same procedure on all engine/transmission warranty claims. Once I get the new motor and pull the old one I will update with some pictures. Hoping sooner than later lol

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I work for Toyota and they like to deny coverage if you do not go to a dealer for the factory covered maintenance... and they go 20k on some oil changes too. Bunch of idiots.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Engine back in

Well I finally got the engine out all the parts swapped and engine back in this morning. Had almost a full day swapping over everything onto the new long block. Atleast I got a driver's manifold for my truck now! lol Gonna try and get the pan off today and find out what broke where.

Attachments

• Forsale 004.jpg
    Forsale 004.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Forsale 003.jpg
    Forsale 003.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 60