LML mods and dyno testing begins

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Is there any way to scrub this thread of all the off-topic junk posts so Rob's finding will be easier to locate?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Is there any way to scrub this thread of all the off-topic junk posts so Rob's finding will be easier to locate?

Yeah, some of this stuff just should not be here. I'm here because I'm interested to see what each individual change brings along.

Delete our two posts too :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I Had Rob hold up on the turbo part until I get that figured out. The EFILive software is missing tables so we can't properly control the turbos. I'm feverishly working on the solution for this issue now. Would be great if the powers that be would get this shit working right, Lml's have been out for 5 years now.:mad:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I Had Rob hold up on the turbo part until I get that figured out. The EFILive software is missing tables so we can't properly control the turbos. I'm feverishly working on the solution for this issue now. Would be great if the powers that be would get this shit working right, Lml's have been out for 5 years now.:mad:

Yes Sir, I won't tune an LML with modded turbo as you are correct.

Had a shop install one over the summer and I tried everything under the sun for 3 months customer bought a non-vvt so he could get it to run.

:thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I've tuned a few 3794 stage 2s from Mark on 2015s in house. The trucks respond well to the turbo but there is not the efi live vane control needed to really bring the modded VVT chargers to their max potential.

The twin LML's also have this issue if using a VVT. I tuned a 4094VVT over GT55 to over 600hp and it drives nice but not up too it's potential. We really need true vane control to make them shine but they do run decent without it in my experience.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Is this only on EFI Live? I thought PPEI and RidgeRunner had that high end ecm mapping do-dad to cover everything they needed?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Mark you said earlier that you were working on a mechanical fix for this. Are the thech boys at EFI Live working equally as hard to fix the tables?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
The LML uses a complicated process to keep the compressor in an optimal map using over-speed calculations and other routines.

For whatever the reason there are target vane tables but not many MIN/MAX tables from EFI-Live.

If you "tinker" with the wrong table and log the truck as soon as you get onto the throttle that vanes go to 0% position, then its a lazy POS.

If you do not "tinker" with the wrong table the stock charger runes very well.

The code is 3.2GB in a 2011-2014 and over 4 GB in a 2015, to wade thru the code and find tables is like a needle in a haystack.

IMHO I think the ecm tries to limit boost due to over-speed and when doing so opens the vanes up to 0%.

Each year LML has a different charger and turbo map for efficiency, over-speed, etc.

You can put a modded charge on, but compared to a stock charger it will not even spool close to the same with what is available.

;)

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The LML uses a complicated process to keep the compressor in an optimal map using over-speed calculations and other routines.

For whatever the reason there are target vane tables but not many MIN/MAX tables from EFI-Live.

If you "tinker" with the wrong table and log the truck as soon as you get onto the throttle that vanes go to 0% position, then its a lazy POS.

If you do not "tinker" with the wrong table the stock charger runes very well.

The code is 3.2GB in a 2011-2014 and over 4 GB in a 2015, to wade thru the code and find tables is like a needle in a haystack.

IMHO I think the ecm tries to limit boost due to over-speed and when doing so opens the vanes up to 0%.

Each year LML has a different charger and turbo map for efficiency, over-speed, etc.

You can put a modded charge on, but compared to a stock charger it will not even spool close to the same with what is available.

;)

Exactly, it's not fun at all but we are making progress slowly but surely! Got my LML to drive much better in the last 2 days with the 68mm Stg2R then it did last week that is for sure, went from one extreme to the other, lol! Wish I was a 100001010011010110101010 kind-a-guy but that's not my area of expertise, I'm a hard parts/mechanical guy so I'm no help with the search for the tables that are missing. But I do know and understand the hard parts and how they are supposed to work and why. Hopefully will have some more info in the very near future on this issue but I'm very pleased with the progress so far. I would like to thank the man that is helping me with the missing tables but he wants to keep it on the DL until we get it all figured out and I respect that and him for the extra help in this matter.:thankyou:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I've tuned a few 3794 stage 2s from Mark on 2015s in house. The trucks respond well to the turbo but there is not the efi live vane control needed to really bring the modded VVT chargers to their max potential.

The twin LML's also have this issue if using a VVT. I tuned a 4094VVT over GT55 to over 600hp and it drives nice but not up too it's potential. We really need true vane control to make them shine but they do run decent without it in my experience.

At first I had the 0% vane position playing with a twin truck, but figured that out and the modded VVT LML's run good, just not perfect or up to potential. This reminds me of 2005 when we put twins on my duramax and efi live was new for the duramax. My twins made too much boost and flat lined the VVT, efi worked with us and gave us the needed tables. I have brought it up in beta but nothing has come of it. May be that it is too difficult now with the complex ecm to spend the time on it.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
At first I had the 0% vane position playing with a twin truck, but figured that out and the modded VVT LML's run good, just not perfect or up to potential. This reminds me of 2005 when we put twins on my duramax and efi live was new for the duramax. My twins made too much boost and flat lined the VVT, efi worked with us and gave us the needed tables. I have brought it up in beta but nothing has come of it. May be that it is too difficult now with the complex ecm to spend the time on it.

You just said that slow down :hug: don't let these tables get to you :) you guy will figure it out :thumb: