LML build test

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
IMO I think the rods will be ~10% stronger than LBZ/LMM, thats about it.

pistons are anyones guess.

I'd say the pistons are a bust as I have already gotten a few calls from LML owners with H&S popping pistons between 50k-100K miles on them. I've dynoed a few of them and they are less than 500hp and if the pistons are failing at that level they are either weaker than LBZ/LMM's or the tuning is the issue.

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
I think lml pistons are fine for mild builds problems is hs owners are to dumb to lift when they reach 2000 deg

Nfamus10

Jun 22, 2012
I'd say the pistons are a bust as I have already gotten a few calls from LML owners with H&S popping pistons between 50k-100K miles on them. I've dynoed a few of them and they are less than 500hp and if the pistons are failing at that level they are either weaker than LBZ/LMM's or the tuning is the issue.

Any more info on the trucks poppin' pistons? I haven't heard much in terms of failure yet.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
We have had two or three guys call in about it wanting to know what they can do to fix it. If we have gotten 3 calls already, how many more are out there that we haven't heard about yet? We have stayed awy from the LML's for the most prt because there really isn't much support for them and the big dark cloud that hangs over them keeps me from wanting to get involved with them. I'm busy enough as it is so I don't need that headache.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
lml pistons hold up fine to the power. I sprayed mine with water and never see egt's over 1700 degrees. That was peak. normally ran 1500 or so pulling. That was with a mark broviak monster of a charger. They are on cut down carrillo rods, and I cut a touch off the top to get down to 15:1 compression so not quite stock. Tore engine down after 15k miles of non stop pulling racing beating etc, and the only problem we found was a bent crank. Never tore the heads off but we looked in from the injector holes with a nice boroscope.

trailler2004

Jan 14, 2013
i ran the lml bottom end that iowa lly was talking about all summer with no problems...when i dynoed it with stock injectors it had 587hp and 1019 tq but after went with exergy 100% overs and ran alot better...was impressed to say the least

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Lml pistons holding up to 83/66 twins, a single 83mm truck and a 75mm single truck.
I do delip them and open the bowl up before installing.

I have seen a few trucks with h and s melt/crack some 6.7 cummins pistons and lml pistons, nothing with efi live.
Hopefully the tuning has gotten better.

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
Holder can you give an estimated cost to delip some LML pistons and machine some rods to fit them?

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Does anybody know roughly how much hp and torque a stock LGH engine will hold together at with bigger turbo, injectors,dual pumps, etc.? I bought one with a 6l90 trans, I think, and was thinking about a swap into my '69 C-10 if I can reach my power goal for this project. I'm also curious if this trans can be built to hold maybe 6 or 700 hp and live while drag racing some and lots of ripping around on the street.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Hp wise what levels are they holding to 700 1200tq

I have dynoed 875 on them about 3 times ran 125 mph in the quarter. Egts pulling over 2000. They have been beat on.
4 strong trucks.
None of the trucks have the pistons coated.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Does anybody know roughly how much hp and torque a stock LGH engine will hold together at with bigger turbo, injectors,dual pumps, etc.? I bought one with a 6l90 trans, I think, and was thinking about a swap into my '69 C-10 if I can reach my power goal for this project. I'm also curious if this trans can be built to hold maybe 6 or 700 hp and live while drag racing some and lots of ripping around on the street.

The 6l90 and 6r140 are remarkable simalar.
Our 6.7 ford trans holds up to 650 rwhp.

Tuning in our ford we can really jack the line pressure.

Start a new thread trans tune or raising line pressure on 6l90e.
Maybe we can figure it out

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I have dynoed 875 on them about 3 times ran 125 mph in the quarter. Egts pulling over 2000. They have been beat on.
4 strong trucks.
None of the trucks have the pistons coated.

good to know going to give it a shot will be running 80overs with a billet ihi64mm and s480 over dual pump set up. thanks again :thumb: