lly upper hpse hard

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I know there are threads about this but I would like to some more opinions about my LLY I was under the hood when engine was cold and my upper hose was hard I slowly opened the fill cap and it hissed releasing pressure. Hose got soft and my coolant looks clean and so does my res. Oil looks good also. Balance rates check out. Any opinions I appreciate. I appologize in advanced for another thread like this.
Thanks Brock

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
you can pressure up the coolant tank and leave it for a while but this doesnt always work. cylinder pressure is substantilly higher.

Lly are notorious for head gaskets imo

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
some times, if you run it hard your ect will fluctuate due to fluid/gas running by the temp sensor.
If the gaskets are bad enough you can pull the glow plugs after a hard run and let ot sit overnight. in the morning crank it over and check if coolant shoots out.this is only when they are real bad

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
oh ok that makes sense now, never thought of that! let me tell you right now that i found out the hard way that a coolant temp sensor does not register if all that is near it is gas/vapor, yupp i had a c13 air locked pretty bad once :eek:

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
kind of doubt the cap is bad but still possible i would think. usually when the cap goes bad the hose will collapse over night