Lift pump psi?

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Got a fuel log fitting from Jeg's put inline just before filter. It had an 1/8 NPT port for gauge so I put a 60 psi liquid filled gauge in that set it at 10 to 12 on Raptor regulator it stays there and runs like crazy. Must have worked it's holding it's own.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I pull from the bleeder screw with a MA addapter. There should also be a port on the pump itself the one they put the opt low pressure light into.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
My airdog 200 drops from 20psi at idle to 10psi WOT with 2xcp3s and 60% overs.

PM on the way.

I just finished installing dual cp3's two days ago . I have been running an air dog 165 for 2 plus yrs , no upgraded pick up . today I installed a glow shift 30 psi fuel press gauge and noticed it was sitting at 5 psi @ idle and with just key on not running . so I adjusted the pump all the way in to raise psi , best I can get is 8 psi . I changed the filter 3 days ago but not water separator . problem is it will go to 0 psi at wot . anyone think the pump is taking a dump on me or maybe water separator is clogged ????? or maybe with the dual kit I need to upgrade the pickup to a sump?

Could be the o-ring on the regulator plunger. Try pinching the return line and see if the pressure goes up.

Last edited:

Kennedy Diesel

Mar 13, 2009
I have to install my fuel pressure gauge (Thanks Kyle) but I have Kennedy pumps, I am only at 7 psi idling am I going to have an issue? I never did before.

My truck runs over 1000RWHP with twins. If you have issues look at the plumbing. I brought a sepoarate feed and return up to the second CP3 and while I do see some pressure drop it is nothing to be concerned about as this is normal.

Not a fan of many electronic gauges OR pulling pressure from the bleeder screw. Always thoiught tis was a totally stupid place PLUS I have had more calls fom guys stating only 2 psi and scratching their heads. Not sure if this is a grounding issue, location, or POS Auto Meter issue, but it's recurring.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I have never had an issue holding rail pressure before, I never checked the pumps at idle until I started having issues, there are 2 brand new pumps under my truck now, all new push lok fittings and I am running your billet pick up, once its up and running again I will log it, I'm sure it won't be an issue never was before, just noticed that Airdog or FASS runs alot higher psi. Is 7psi at idle normal?

Kennedy Diesel

Mar 13, 2009
7 psi is fine. Add a 3rd to get 10+ etc but if you really need a ton of supply psi to maintain rail then you need more CP3.

If you want to blow your mind run these pumps with a big supply and discharge hose and watch the volume that they put out.

Push locks tend to restrict as does the OE filter assy and many other parts of the system. That's why I split my supply.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Not a fan of many electronic gauges OR pulling pressure from the bleeder screw. Always thoiught tis was a totally stupid place PLUS I have had more calls fom guys stating only 2 psi and scratching their heads. Not sure if this is a grounding issue, location, or POS Auto Meter issue, but it's recurring.

I have an electronic AutoMeter gauge installed at the fuel filter bleed screw, and I have no problems. I'd be interested in hearing your reason for thinking it is a stupid place to get pressure.

Kennedy Diesel

Mar 13, 2009
I have an electronic AutoMeter gauge installed at the fuel filter bleed screw, and I have no problems. I'd be interested in hearing your reason for thinking it is a stupid place to get pressure.

Whenever I get a complaint about low to no psi it's always being read here. The only thing I can think of is that there may be some sort of flow velocity issue afecting pressure.

Aside from that I just think it's foolish to put a sensor in a screw that you use and spin out to bleed the filter.

Where should I get a reading from John?

I went to the factory test port location, but anywhere after the filter housing is fine. The closer to the CP3 the better.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Whenever I get a complaint about low to no psi it's always being read here. The only thing I can think of is that there may be some sort of flow velocity issue afecting pressure.

Aside from that I just think it's foolish to put a sensor in a screw that you use and spin out to bleed the filter.

Could be a plugged filter causing the low readings. That's one reason I put mine there. Also, I put mine in in a T that splits off to a valve so I can open it up to bleed it without a screwdriver or anything if necessary.