LB7: Lift Pump Experience??

jd4230

Jan 7, 2013
I've been thinking about an Air Dog II 165. Has anyone had any experience with that lift pump and how it reacts when your fuel tank is below a 1/4 tank? I don't want to start sucking air. I know this lift pump is an air separator also, but if it starts sucking air at low fuel levels, I would think that would shorten its life.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I've been thinking about an Air Dog II 165. Has anyone had any experience with that lift pump and how it reacts when your fuel tank is below a 1/4 tank? I don't want to start sucking air. I know this lift pump is an air separator also, but if it starts sucking air at low fuel levels, I would think that would shorten its life.

I have it on three different trucks myself. They work just fine. No low fuel issues what so ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Andrewslmm7

Feb 27, 2013
Ct
Figures I got a banging deal on a 95 back when the truck was stock so what's the best way to go about upgrading sence I plan on big injectors and dual pumps? Just get a bigger lift pump?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Figures I got a banging deal on a 95 back when the truck was stock so what's the best way to go about upgrading sence I plan on big injectors and dual pumps? Just get a bigger lift pump?
What are people's opinions on running a raptor or kennedy pump in conjunction with the Fass 95? Should up the volume and retain the Fass filters. Or am I way off base here?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
What are people's opinions on running a raptor or kennedy pump in conjunction with the Fass 95? Should up the volume and retain the Fass filters. Or am I way off base here?

most people that run twin lift pumps run them side by side. One kennedy pump is 3-4 psi

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA

They fixed the 1/4 tank issue a couple years ago. The AD-II uses the factory pickup. No need to drop the tank for a draw straw anymore. There wasn't even a real problem, people were cutting the pickup line too short.
duel Kennedy pumps maybe?

Depends on how big your aquarium is.

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
My truck sucks air after quarter tank..... and dies. I have a raptor 150... on factpry lines.... anyoneexplain that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I guess I've gotten lucky. I run my truck at the track with 1/4 or less and never have an issue. One night leaving I couldn't find diesel and had the gauge reading below empty before I found an open station with diesel.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
My truck sucks air after quarter tank..... and dies. I have a raptor 150... on factpry lines.... anyoneexplain that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That's odd. I'm running an AD-200 and have had it down well below the light. You might have to pull out the sending unit and see whats wrong.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
They fixed the 1/4 tank issue a couple years ago. The AD-II uses the factory pickup. No need to drop the tank for a draw straw anymore. There wasn't even a real problem, people were cutting the pickup line to short..
I run the draw straw and I could run the ppe hot+2 on level 10 with the draw straw in.Couldnt do that witout the draw straw.It does help with flow.I think ctrump90s problem is the draw straw has a crack or is broken off