Lets talk Turbine size and A/R continued

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Well I was just thinking your tuning is already set and a smaller change may be better.
It sounds like you are dialed in real good and that is something I wouldn't mess with.

from mobile

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
I run a cast 478 with a 87 tw 1.10 ar as my high pressure. It spools pretty good my converter is a 3000 stall 1053

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Are you watching iat......or just drive to boost?

from mobile

Neither.... Just SOTP. I'm not a big gauge person. I ran the 1.25 for a long time and I know how hard that turbo can pull up top. When I retired the truck from pulling I wanted faster spool on the street so I dropped to the .90. You can definitely feel the difference between the 2 housings.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Neither.... Just SOTP. I'm not a big gauge person. I ran the 1.25 for a long time and I know how hard that turbo can pull up top. When I retired the truck from pulling I wanted faster spool on the street so I dropped to the .90. You can definitely feel the difference between the 2 housings.

Thats good enough for me as well. With the tighter housing you can almost feel the truck being held back.
:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Hey guys, I have a question...

Can you change the housing on a vvt charger? Would doing this change drive pressure to much to allow the vvt to work?

Just curious

Thanks

Merry christmas everyone:hello:

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
Still on the pbk? Did u ever upgrade the cast wheel?

No I ended up switching to a GT55. But I'm in the middle of dropping a 106 GT55 wheel in the PBK it has been a lot of work but it is almost done and we are going to try it on a friends truck as a atmosphere charger I have high hopes for it! Should be a beast of a charger.