Lets see your pullers on your trailer...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I also like how big tex puts a crank on their neck of the trailer so you can raise and lower it for your truck with out messing with the pita bolts.
Big Tex = :barf:

And those crank necks still have bolts to lock them down. You just don't have to use the trailer jack to adjust it.

DuraGoode

Jan 27, 2010
trailer

the fenders can be removed but the truck with 12.50 will drive right thru them, the trailer pulls great.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
Dang, like Rich said that is a hell of a deal! Def not gonna find a Big Tex over here on the east coast for that kind of price. Im sure goosenecks are dime a dozen out your neck of the woods. I can see your point with the 4' dove on a damp deck how that could be a little hairy.

Kinda cramped on 24' trailers...I really want to load it facing forwards with my weight bracket still on the truck.

IMAG0761.jpg

you the friggen papparazi!!? :roflmao:

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
I have a kaufman low bow car hauler it is great 32' long

hows that trailer pull? i have been thinking about getting one like this to haule my super bomber race car,with a 4 wheeler,mounted tire rack,and tools up front. i guess what in asking is does the traier have much of that jerking feeling going down the road...

ps the race car is only 3400lbs total loaded lds that would be on the trailer is about 5000lbs with i know is really light,that your trailer is more than i would ever need.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
heres my kauffman 7ton 18' flat 4'dovetail. Im looking at getting one at least 25' flat gooseneck myself. I would get the longest one you can afford. Mine doesnt have a winch but i have pulled the truck up it no problem with the tow rig. I put the weights in the bed of the pulling truck.
picture.php

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
you guys loading them backwards,, does that much weight over or behind the rear axles and so little on the tounge not make those wanna swerve bad??

X2!! I loaded up my truck on backwards as my buddies dodge didnt have the proper rated tires and when I pulled it on nose first, it looked like it was going to blow the tires out going down the road. We had SEVERE tail wagging and couldnt go above 55mph! Talk about scary.
diesel.jpg
Same thing when I blew up my trans and had to tow it to George. Had a race in a few weeks, so I rented a trailer (rated for 7000LBS) and towed it with my dads 1500. Couldnt do more then 50 the whole way. That was even scarier as it had no trailer brakes so the wag was not controlable.
IMG00032-20100916-1535.jpg

Attachments

• diesel.jpg
    diesel.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG00032-20100916-1535.jpg
    IMG00032-20100916-1535.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 159

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
yeah i mean my rig is big (cc/lb) but if i have too much weight on the tail and not enough tongue weight i can definitely tell. it's not scary but it does wanna sway around a little more back there.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
heres my kauffman 7ton 18' flat 4'dovetail. Im looking at getting one at least 25' flat gooseneck myself. I would get the longest one you can afford. Mine doesnt have a winch but i have pulled the truck up it no problem with the tow rig. I put the weights in the bed of the pulling truck.
picture.php

I hear ya on getting the biggest on I can afford, but at what point do you guys think its too big/heavy? The tow rig is gonna be an 06 eclb. I just don't wanna get the biggest out there and the damn truck can't tow the trailer empty lol

Sent from my EVO

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I have to load mine backwards. Way to much tonque weight. I have pulled it 80mphs and no wagging. Now I do have 1600lbs in the bed so that does put weight on the tonque. The tires that they put on these trailers are a chiniese time bomb for sure.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I would say anywhere from a 7ton to a 10ton trailer would be good. I would get it long enough to have room for a golfcart or fourwheeler also. If you call kauffman they can make any length flat you want in whatever tonnage you want.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I have to load mine backwards. Way to much tonque weight. I have pulled it 80mphs and no wagging. Now I do have 1600lbs in the bed so that does put weight on the tonque. The tires that they put on these trailers are a chiniese time bomb for sure.

mine's a 3500srw truck so tonuge weight hasn't been an issue. we do carry an extra 500lbs of weight, plus tools and beer in the bed and 4 people in the cab. she runs great and we've ran faster then i care to say cause it was stupid and it was good and stabile while doing it. Ahhh the things we do when running late between pulls lol.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
That pic was a few months after i bought the tow rig and it still had 4ply mich. ltxs on it. Air bags and 285/75r16 bfgs made a big diff. in it not squatting so bad.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
X2!! I loaded up my truck on backwards as my buddies dodge didnt have the proper rated tires and when I pulled it on nose first, it looked like it was going to blow the tires out going down the road. We had SEVERE tail wagging and couldnt go above 55mph! Talk about scary.

Same thing when I blew up my trans and had to tow it to George. Had a race in a few weeks, so I rented a trailer (rated for 7000LBS) and towed it with my dads 1500. Couldnt do more then 50 the whole way. That was even scarier as it had no trailer brakes so the wag was not controlable.

I have a 1/2 ton as a daily driver, it's nice to know it can tow a DMax in an emergency.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
you guys loading them backwards,, does that much weight over or behind the rear axles and so little on the tounge not make those wanna swerve bad??

I do just because the weight box rollers roll easier on the ground than up the trailer ramps.