Info: Lbz vs lmm

Spank

Jan 19, 2016
Upstate NY
Alright so long story short, I’m getting a little tired of my 10mpg with my 2008 6.0l and looking to trade it in for a nice Duramax. Im having a hard time finding a LMM in the cab and bed configuration I want (extended cab long bed) but the LBZs are everywhere. I did some research and found that the engines are practically the same so it’s just a matter of body style preference. It’s this correct? What do you guys think?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Same motor but different nozzle pattern in injectors and you have dpf to deal with. Plus wheel wells are narrow if you want bigger tires you may have to do cutting.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
You will find many prefer the LBZ some of it I am sure is stubbornness and resistance to change but much has to do with increasing emissions standards.
Now the quirks with tuning and figuring just how to make the LMMs run have been figured out, so yes it is pretty much body style preference.

Spank

Jan 19, 2016
Upstate NY
I like both body styles, but leaning more toward the NNBS mainly because the windows in the half doors roll down. Keeps the dog happy.
That being said I managed to find a nice 06 lbz (eclb) with 92k miles original 1 owner.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Lmm interiors are junk, dashes crack and rattle, seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the lbz and previous year seating. Plus the lmm is ugly in stock form

The biggest thing is lmm has dog where lbz doesn't

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They all have major problems, they all go through injectors but people only talk about lb7 injectors being the only bad ones.

There is no perfect year Duramax but at stock power the lbz is the closest imo. Adding power is a whole different story on what is best

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Educate me on what's better on lbzs.

An lmm Is just a dressed up lbz with all the bells and whistles and fancy stuff

Lbz seats are more comfortable
Lbz Dashboard doesn't squeak/ rattle
Lbz doesn't have a DPF filter
Lbz sheet-metal is actually way stronger
Lbz fuel mileage is way better than LMM
They are both good trucks tho

Also heard people say that The lbz will out Pull the lmm haven't confirmed it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
An lmm Is just a dressed up lbz with all the bells and whistles and fancy stuff

Lbz seats are more comfortable. Wrong
Lbz Dashboard doesn't squeak/ rattle. More can noise.
Lbz doesn't have a DPF filter. Not for long
Lbz sheet-metal is actually way stronger. Legit
Lbz fuel mileage is way better than LMM. Same
They are both good trucks tho

Also heard people say that The lbz will out Pull the lmm haven't confirmed it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The built in brake controller is nice. The bose system is way better. Better cab lights. Factory remote start.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
What's junk about the lbz tcase? Pump rub? That hardly makes them junk.

Change a head light in an Lmm and that will make you want an Lbz! Lol

The cluster isn't any better on the Lmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Not true about dash rattle. Both my trucks with the older interior rattle. It’s just the gauge bezel cover but still annoying.

Both have highs and lows. You like the look of the Kim and don’t mind dealing with more emissions? Go for it. In the end it’s up to you.