Info: Lbz vs lmm

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Not true about dash rattle. Both my trucks with the older interior rattle. It’s just the gauge bezel cover but still annoying.

Both have highs and lows. You like the look of the Kim and don’t mind dealing with more emissions? Go for it. In the end it’s up to you.

You can fix that rattle in less than 5 minutes though. The LMM needs the entire upper dash replaced eventually if not parked under cover.

I don't think the seats really sucked till 2011 trucks when they are all squared off like ford seats.

Head gaskets on the early 06 can still have problems but really all years can.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Not true about dash rattle. Both my trucks with the older interior rattle. It’s just the gauge bezel cover but still annoying.

Both have highs and lows. You like the look of the Kim and don’t mind dealing with more emissions? Go for it. In the end it’s up to you.

you haven't done warranty dash rattles, lmm is way worse in so many ways

Firefightkev

May 30, 2014
Central Florida
I stuck with the classic body style and got an 07 lbz when I went back to a duramax. I did it because I didn't want to mess with the extra emissions. I never had any real problems with my previous lly and lb7 I had but the lbz transfer case ate it self after towing in the mountains.

Spank

Jan 19, 2016
Upstate NY
I appreciate all the input, I made up my mind and ended up buying a 2008 CCLB 3500hd (srw) LMM with 146k on the clock. Fully loaded LTZ even have a sun roof:woott: