LBZ Tuning????????????

Matt750

On a Time Out
Apr 29, 2012
I've had the flash scan for some time, I never received the tunes that were promised, I did find their tune library searching their ftp, which had some general tunes that I grabbed, but nothing really applicable.

LBZ mouthpiece flows alright, but I feel the blade runner has its advantages with the runners helping to manage the airflow at the 90* bend. Even on the completely stock tune I am never waiting for it to spool.

Those of you trying to pick me apart on this, you are wasting your time, the point of this thread has been well established, some of you are sounding like kids on the school playground here. If you don't have any productive information to offer, please withhold your comments or PM me about your butt hurt, good chance I will never meet any of you in person, what makes you think I care about your negative opinion? As I have made painfully clear, I am trying to put together a resource that will give LBZ owners an easy to follow guide for some basic tuning on their truck, much like the information that is all over the place for its predecessors (lb7, lly). I have no problem spinning my own wrenches, and I will figure this out with or without guidance and share my findings with those who can't.

I am happy to take the electronic bullying to help others in need, your butt hurt is like so many cold beers on a hot summers day to me.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
In your opening post I kind of felt like you were a douche, but then I said to myself no this guy got a raw deal and honestly needs help. My first impression was the right one.

Matt750

On a Time Out
Apr 29, 2012
Still not caring about the negative vibes here, I could use some assistance, I will be the first to admit that. I am also smart enough to figure it out on my own, it will just take longer. Buddy, you can take your negative opinion of me and cram it as far from where the sun shines as possible for all I care, I am not trying to win any popularity contests, I'm trying to perform a service to the community here. Honestly I don't care If I get banned as I can just set up a new account under a new name and IP address. This isn't a contest for who gives the least f#@ks, so again, I humbly ask that we keep this on point or PM me about your butt hurt. All this flaming back and forth is just going to make it harder for people looking for pertinent information in here to actually get what they came for. This is just a forum for diesel trucks, there are far more productive places if you are looking to argue with someone over nothing important :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
What you fail to understand is this site is full of hardcore racers and pullers. You need help, not them! You are taking the wrong approach, I wish you luck!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Part of the reason efi is so hard to use, is to takes hours of experimenting with trucks trying to get them to run like you want. If you tune it yourself, be prepared to run into hiccups and having to make some adjustments to the tune. The starlite books hold tons of good info that will help you build a great tune. You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to information on how to tune. Not a lot of tuners share their secrets.

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
In your opening post I kind of felt like you were a douche, but then I said to myself no this guy got a raw deal and honestly needs help. My first impression was the right one.

Agreed! Someone trying to sound smart and tell guys stuff that have forgot more about tuneing then he will know.

Matt750

On a Time Out
Apr 29, 2012
I may need some advice, but I don't need as much help as some of you seem to think I do. I've learned the ins and outs of plenty of motors, and it has been no different getting to know modern diesels. You're shooting yourself in the foot if an iron curtain is your business approach. In my experience if you help people get what they safely can with what they've got, they are going to come back to you when that is no longer enough. I see a lot of experience specific to my objective here and was hoping to find a few of those people that might help, a few people reached out and we will see if my direct attitude hasn't dissuaded them from working with me by the time I can get some files to them. Anyone with any motor industry experience knows your bread and butter isn't made in doing what I am talking about. I am a racer too, not diesels, but we treat each other a lot different in my neck of the woods. What I am trying to do is mainly to the benefit of those looking for this information who do not have the experience to even dare adjusting their tire size in EFI.

Backroads

Jan 5, 2014
Colorado
Biggest mistake was doing any kind of business with underground diesel performance, they do great work but it takes them weeks/months to get a job done and there customer service is flat out horrible takes calling 20 times to get ahold of anybody

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I've had the flash scan for some time, I never received the tunes that were promised, I did find their tune library searching their ftp, which had some general tunes that I grabbed, but nothing really applicable.

LBZ mouthpiece flows alright, but I feel the blade runner has its advantages with the runners helping to manage the airflow at the 90* bend. Even on the completely stock tune I am never waiting for it to spool.

Those of you trying to pick me apart on this, you are wasting your time, the point of this thread has been well established, some of you are sounding like kids on the school playground here. If you don't have any productive information to offer, please withhold your comments or PM me about your butt hurt, good chance I will never meet any of you in person, what makes you think I care about your negative opinion? As I have made painfully clear, I am trying to put together a resource that will give LBZ owners an easy to follow guide for some basic tuning on their truck, much like the information that is all over the place for its predecessors (lb7, lly). I have no problem spinning my own wrenches, and I will figure this out with or without guidance and share my findings with those who can't.

I am happy to take the electronic bullying to help others in need, your butt hurt is like so many cold beers on a hot summers day to me.

Nobody is gonna help you with that attitude. You want a tune go to dieselplace and use one of those. Start adjusting things and see how the truck performance that's more info than I should have gave you. Good luck.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Nobody is gonna help you with that attitude. You want a tune go to dieselplace and use one of those. Start adjusting things and see how the truck performance that's more info than I should have gave you. Good luck.

X2. Most people here know tons of information and are more than helpful if you ask in the right way.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Exactly. I wanted to learn tuning myself. Instead of trying to tell everyone I know how motors work and its not that hard. I bought some books and took some classes. Yes it cost me money but I was not trusting some guy I never met on a forum. Plus the info is just not out there and there is a reason.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I may need some advice, but I don't need as much help as some of you seem to think I do. I've learned the ins and outs of plenty of motors, and it has been no different getting to know modern diesels. You're shooting yourself in the foot if an iron curtain is your business approach. In my experience if you help people get what they safely can with what they've got, they are going to come back to you when that is no longer enough. I see a lot of experience specific to my objective here and was hoping to find a few of those people that might help, a few people reached out and we will see if my direct attitude hasn't dissuaded them from working with me by the time I can get some files to them. Anyone with any motor industry experience knows your bread and butter isn't made in doing what I am talking about. I am a racer too, not diesels, but we treat each other a lot different in my neck of the woods. What I am trying to do is mainly to the benefit of those looking for this information who do not have the experience to even dare adjusting their tire size in EFI.

Your an idiot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You pretend to be some sort of big shot, yet you purchased your efi live with two tunes from the cheapest place you could find online, and now you expect the pros to chime in and tell you how to tune......

Here's some advice,

1-Lose the attitude. (I and everyone else here hate you already)

2-Quit pretending like you know anything (you know absolutely nothing its obvious)

3-Please buy a cummins (you will fit in with the dodge crowd way better)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Matt750

On a Time Out
Apr 29, 2012
Big block's got a bead on me for sure, finally someone sees where I'm coming from :roflmao:

Matt750

On a Time Out
Apr 29, 2012
I didn't come in with attitude, I don't feel anyone here owes me anything, I humbly asked for some advice that will serve to help lots of people, and this is what evolved out of it. Last time I believe one of those we miss you e-mails from a forum.