LBZ going into my 02

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Generally about 1 week turnaround for these 01-02/LLY conversion harnesses. However Ill be away on vacation the last week in March/first couple days of April, so work will be delayed a bit until I get back to the office.

Although its cost prohibitive, is it possible to setup an 8.1 vortec with a harness to go to LBZ ben?

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Just sent payment for my LLY. Unfortunately, by the time it gets here I'll be out of state for a week and a half for the robinson helicopter factory maintenance course. Get back on the 25th in time for Ben to be on vacation. Looks like I should be able to get it done the first couple weeks of April. Ben, with your harness, is there even any re-pinning to do? I know we always say the 03+ is "plug and play" but there is a couple of things to change correct?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just sent payment for my LLY. Unfortunately, by the time it gets here I'll be out of state for a week and a half for the robinson helicopter factory maintenance course. Get back on the 25th in time for Ben to be on vacation. Looks like I should be able to get it done the first couple weeks of April. Ben, with your harness, is there even any re-pinning to do? I know we always say the 03+ is "plug and play" but there is a couple of things to change correct?

No re-pinning, no splicing, no nothing. 100% plug and play! :thumb:

Send me an email at btdieselworks (at) gmail (dot) com and we can coordinate shipping and ordering.

Ben

mgramke1

Addict
Aug 14, 2014
Becker
Cool to see someone else doing this, I will not put injectors in my lb7 again, LLY swap with bens harness is the plan for me too.

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Need advice on this. My LLY is coming in next week. I'm debating on throwing studs and new head gaskets on it before it gets dropped in. Would be so easy on the engine stand. The other part of me says to just swap the engine in . It could go many miles without issue (has 180k now). I can't decide, my LB7 is still running great and the haze at warm idle is very slight for now. I could definitely get by for a few months with occasional camping trips being it's only use.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Need advice on this. My LLY is coming in next week. I'm debating on throwing studs and new head gaskets on it before it gets dropped in. Would be so easy on the engine stand. The other part of me says to just swap the engine in . It could go many miles without issue (has 180k now). I can't decide, my LB7 is still running great and the haze at warm idle is very slight for now. I could definitely get by for a few months with occasional camping trips being it's only use.

Stud it and new gaskets. I wouldn't put it together without doing it

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
That's what my gut is telling me. Just an extra 12-1500 bucks.......Are you just doing heads or a whole motor?

I'm doing a complete lbz engine swap. With s366, 60%s, profab manifolds and up pipes, studded with new gaskets, etc

Studs and gaskets should be about 1000..

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Nice, I was factoring in cost for the heads to go to the machine shop.

Yea I forgot that part! I've got 550 in studs in gaskets. Picked up a set of used studs here and lml grade c gaskets from the dealer. Got a buddy who works at the machine shop so I got a deal there too

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Got my motor. Going to probably tear it down and do head studs, empire crank pin, welded water pump, s&b mouthpiece, egr delete, and pcv reroute. During that time, I'll have Ben do up the harness. Words cannot describe the trouble we went through to get the cherry picker support legs out from underneath the engine.

Attachments

• IMAG1588.jpg
    IMAG1588.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG1590.jpg
    IMAG1590.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG1591.jpg
    IMAG1591.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG1592.jpg
    IMAG1592.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 42

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No re-pinning, no splicing, no nothing. 100% plug and play! :thumb:

Send me an email at btdieselworks (at) gmail (dot) com and we can coordinate shipping and ordering.

Ben

Ben sent my harness your way Wednesday, should be there Monday

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Clrussell, any progress updates? Hopefully I'll be getting to pulling the heads on my motor and getting them to the machine shop soon. I've been pretty busy so haven't made a lot of progress.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
No progress yet other than some cleaning. Hoping to change that in the next couple days. Had plans to stick the engine in tonight but turbo pedestal delayed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Went ahead and ordered studs as well as a profab boost tube and down pipe. Also got the harness and ecm prepared for shipping. I'll probably get it out tomorrow.