Lb7s still amaze me

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
You guys probably didnt know this but the 01-02 lb7s were the best years :D

Without a doubt! I have owned all of them except the lml. I have no plans for purchasing an lml! My lb7 with EFI, Lift Pump, Intake, Exhaust, & Built Trans laid down more than the industrial compound turbo lml! lol!!!! :roflmao:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Look at the quick 50 list and it's pretty obvious what engine model lays the most pipe...

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
When it comes down to it its amazing what these engines get put through and withstand on a daily basis. Alot of us toss on large turbos, injectors, duel fuelers etc on our rigs and beat the snot out of them for years and then bitch when they break...I kno i do lol, with alot of guys running in the 600-700 hp range and some higher on stock internals i think its a testimate to how good these engines are. ALL of them lb7,lly,lbz,lmm and im sure in time the lml lol

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Our LB7's don't have injector problems, they have a more advanced maintenance schedule(really I see it as a upgrade schedule) then the other motors. When the injectors go bad, the engine is telling you it's time to put bigger injectors in. That's how some guys end up with 200+ overs, they had there engine let them know it was time more than once:)

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
couple more months & it will be 9 years since my original injectors were replaced
so I don't buy into the whole shitty injector idea

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
how does the design of an LLY head compare to the design of an LB7 head? Other than injector placement? Are the air pathways the same?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
how does the design of an LLY head compare to the design of an LB7 head? Other than injector placement? Are the air pathways the same?

Yes they are all the same so far as when porting is done they all carve the same from 01 to 10 anyways.

Love my nice big injectors.And Russ I had to laugh about the 12 valve comment but we all have 32 valves my friend:hug:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Why is it always the lb7 guys that put on the pom poms and cheerlead around about the lb7s:D. I own 2 lb7s, had 2lbzs, and had 2 lmms. Still have 1 lb7 and my dd lbz. By far lbz hands down is best.:angel: And to the comments about look who's on the quick 50 list, there a dime a dozen, cheapest ones to buy and mod, and have been around the longest, of coarse there goin to be more of them.