LB7: lb7 issues after injectors

14DJWL92

Sep 9, 2016
washington
ok, new to this forum and really need some help. i recently replaced all 8 injectors on my 02 lb7, bought a kit from Pensacola diesel that included the injectors, injector cups, all gaskets and new high pressure injector lines. after getting all back together i primed the truck twice and it fired up, had some black smoke but seemed to run fine, then went to take it for a test drive and it quit after putting some load on it. blew white smoke and stalled, havent been able to get it going since. noticed my supply and return lines on the drivers side had kinked, tried to rule out anything from there back by disconnecting those lines and running clear lines into a fuel can and no go. im not getting any codes either.......please give me some insight

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
Pensacola is not known for a quality injector. Don't be surprised if they are either bad or will go bad quicker then they should. As for the issue I'm not to sure.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Welp you just pissed away all the money pensicola charged you and how much someone charged you to install them..

Buy Bosch remans from a reputable dealer such as Lincoln diesel and be done

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yup... Time to do it again. The right way this time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
And don't buy there claims about there more expensive remans they sell being actual Bosch injectors. Several have learned the hard way thats a lie. Good luck getting your money back from them, I know I was lucky to get most of mine back and a box of garbage that I was able to clean up and beg GM to take as cores.

14DJWL92

Sep 9, 2016
washington
after i bought them from them i have heard these things about them. the solenoids seem to check out but at this point i dont have access to a scan tool capable of reading return rates or balance rates. i did the install myself so i just have the cost of the injectors into it.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Injectors are not something to cheap out on! We see this happen alot here unfortunately. Let me know if we can help. Make sure you stick with OEM Bosch Injectors.

14DJWL92

Sep 9, 2016
washington
Thanks guys. I've got some more testing to do before I make that decision and if it is the injectors I am going to talk to Pensacola