LB7: Lb7 ECM locked help!

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Idk if they did or not because when I try to pull the vin now it showes something like-5???'***86~~~~??? Almessed up

I also had the encrypted vin.. get a used one and guy should be able to unlock the junkecm one for around 150... or pm me for a couple other guys.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well if its gonna cost more than what a new license will I can just trade it at a junkyard straight up and then just have to pay $125 for the license and be good.

03_DMAX

Aug 15, 2010
Call guy at socal he can fix it and you wont need to buy a new license. Its around $100 for him to do it IIRC.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
So it seems he we've got two choices. Either send it to so done to unlock it for around $100, or we can trade it for another ECM in a junkyard and then just buy a license and full flash his original vin into it.

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Ya this truck wasn't tuned yet so i didnt waste a license.. and only replaced it because the guy wanted it tuned that day...i plan on sendin the locked one to guy someday

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
If you just email efi live explaining the situation they'll replace the license for you man....I know...I've done it. The information I've given is honestly the cheapest fastest easiest route

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
If you just email efi live explaining the situation they'll replace the license for you man....I know...I've done it. The information I've given is honestly the cheapest fastest easiest route

But will still have to have another ECM right? One other thing while we are on ecms. Can me and a buddy (both lly's) swap ecms in our trucks and run them? He's having problems and I want to see if its the ECM.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Why would you need another ecm? Just send yours to Jessie, he replaces the flash chip with a new one, he sends it back ready for flashing your tune back into it. Meanwhile, you email Ross or Paul and explain situation, they understand stupid stuff happens, and they give you a tuning license.

If you VIN match the ecm you want to try in your truck you'll then burn another license. If you can't connect to the ecm in it now and it won't show serial numbers Cal OS or VIN, it is pickled

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Why would you need another ecm? Just send yours to Jessie, he replaces the flash chip with a new one, he sends it back ready for flashing your tune back into it. Meanwhile, you email Ross or Paul and explain situation, they understand stupid stuff happens, and they give you a tuning license.

If you VIN match the ecm you want to try in your truck you'll then burn another license. If you can't connect to the ecm in it now and it won't show serial numbers Cal OS or VIN, it is pickled

I see I was thinking that the original license would still be available after they unlocked it.

roughneck427

Mar 28, 2013
I had same issue tech 2 blows out the vcm id all you can do is a full flash even after you unlock it.Mine was locked as well I have a tool to get key take up to 4 days to try all keys if you wanna pay shipping ill help you out. Also what seed does it give you when you try to read it in console? Did you try just reprogramming your vin back in?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21636-Full-flash-only-loses-serial-number

Last edited:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
But will still have to have another ECM right? One other thing while we are on ecms. Can me and a buddy (both lly's) swap ecms in our trucks and run them? He's having problems and I want to see if its the ECM.
If the VATS is disabled then yes. What kind of ploblems is he having?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
If the VATS is disabled then yes. What kind of ploblems is he having?

Sometimes when he starts it up it goes into limp mode and throws the injector harness codes. But the thing is they are all new harness's. and it only does it sometimes. And his fuel gauge sometimes won't move off of empty and then suddenly it will.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Sounds like the wrong OS. Or the ecm is just jacked up.

It's not the OS because its the same as mine. That's why I'm thinking ECM is Jacked up, and want to put it in my truck and see what it does. I can just plug and play right? Just to see if it will do the same thing to my truck.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
ok if its an 03 like you earlier stated you can't run an LLY OS in and LB7. And you can't put and LLY ecm in a LB7 they are completely different.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Sometimes when he starts it up it goes into limp mode and throws the injector harness codes. But the thing is they are all new harness's. and it only does it sometimes. And his fuel gauge sometimes won't move off of empty and then suddenly it will.
Kinda sounds like a ground problem to me