Info: Lancaster California August 30

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I don't really care how much hp anybody makes, regardless of brand, but the "my truck drives on the street better than yours" argument has got to go. When is everyone going to realize, nobody really cares. All that matters are the results at the end of the day. When someone builds a pull truck, they build it to run strong, stay together and to win - not drive down the blvd, or to the market or to the freakin' track - that is completely irrelevant.

well i would have to disagree tht some people only have the money to build one truck and when you can drive it to work then to the track, or sled pull then back to work and win or place verry high. I think tht says alot more then a purpose built truck. I think its alot easier to strip a truck cut it all to shit and make it win then to keep it drivable. but thts just my opinion.:)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Craig, your a good man. And your right about these guys bickering about what truck drives to the track. WHO GIVES A FUKK???? Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough, and no friggin whining!!!

-Tom

Racecar - A high performance vehicle used for competition purposes only.

Pickup Truck - A street vehicle used for hauling or towing.

Sure Indy cars are nice, but not really practical. I'll stick with Pickups.

Tcolesanti

Big single chargers rock!
Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
PS - Casper has Engine #3 in it:

Original stock engine bend all eight rods, driveable.

Second engine melted all eight pistons, driveable.

Current engine has been running about 1 year worth of racing, details above.

WHOOPEDY-FREAKIN-DOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My second motor has been running strong since I built it, and the original still ran fine, even with the crack in the side of the block.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
PS - Casper has Engine #3 in it:

Original stock engine bend all eight rods, driveable.

Second engine melted all eight pistons, driveable.

Current engine has been running about 1 year worth of racing, details above.

I will give you this Pat, you run your stuff, you talk a lot of chit, but you run it. . . I just want to know when everyone is going to figure out - the scoreboard is all that counts. . .

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Watch any ITPA Pro Stock class(3.0), and you will see every Dmax get stomped by a good running Cummins. Nobody has a strong running 3.0 Dmax except for Kuiselik sp??.

how many 2.8 dmax have steped up to 3.0" to begin with?
wes iirc is the first major 3.0 dmax turck.
2.8 class would be better looking at.

still sled pulling you can lose to a lower HP turck by having a bad chassis setup. HP aint shit if you cant get it to the ground

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
how many 2.8 dmax have steped up to 3.0" to begin with?
wes iirc is the first major 3.0 dmax turck.
2.8 class would be better looking at.

A 2.8 truck will not run with a 3.0 truck on a good track. Plain and simple. Most 3.0 trucks are bushed 3.0 trucks anyway, unless you talk PPL where you can't run a bushing. Picture an 88mm charger bushed to 3.0, with water injection.

-Tom

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
well i would have to disagree tht some people only have the money to build one truck and when you can drive it to work then to the track, or sled pull then back to work and win or place verry high. I think tht says alot more then a purpose built truck. I think its alot easier to strip a truck cut it all to shit and make it win then to keep it drivable. but thts just my opinion.:)

You made my point for me, to quote you "I think its alot easier to strip a truck cut it all to shit and make it win then to keep it drivable" That is exactly the point - it is easier, it makes more sense, or in other words, it is the smart thing to do. Now if the competition was called Sled Pulling for boring street driven trucks - then I would give it to you. But the name of the game is to be competitive - driving on the street has nothing to do with that. Put it to you this way, it is great that someone can drive their truck on the street and still run hard - but always using that argument when talking about competition results just sounds like whining and excuses.

FYI - in the long run, it is not cheaper to try to have a competitive street truck. Ask a lot of guys who have been at it a while. If they knew then what they know now, they would have built purpose built trucks a long time ago. it just gets back to the "it is the smart thing to do" thing

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
A 2.8 truck will not run with a 3.0 truck on a good track. Plain and simple. Most 3.0 trucks are bushed 3.0 trucks anyway, unless you talk PPL where you can't run a bushing. Picture an 88mm charger bushed to 3.0, with water injection.

-Tom

i know this.. but if person wanted to run a 2.8 tuck in a 3.0 class he could.. and more likely get stomped in a 3.0 but he would be getting practice reguardless and possible get money out of it would be bounus.

like some ppl run 2.5 in a 2.6 class... more chances to pull.

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
i know this.. but if person wanted to run a 2.8 tuck in a 3.0 class he could.. and more likely get stomped in a 3.0 but he would be getting practice reguardless and possible get money out of it would be bounus.

Was there a point to this post at all?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
You made my point for me, to quote you "I think its alot easier to strip a truck cut it all to shit and make it win then to keep it drivable" That is exactly the point - it is easier, it makes more sense, or in other words, it is the smart thing to do. Now if the competition was called Sled Pulling for boring street driven trucks - then I would give it to you. But the name of the game is to be competitive - driving on the street has nothing to do with that. Put it to you this way, it is great that someone can drive their truck on the street and still run hard - but always using that argument when talking about competition results just sounds like whining and excuses.

FYI - in the long run, it is not cheaper to try to have a competitive street truck. Ask a lot of guys who have been at it a while. If they knew then what they know now, they would have built purpose built trucks a long time ago. it just gets back to the "it is the smart thing to do" thing

in the long run mabey i would agree with you. and i wouldent call a High hp dmx on the street boring. I persoanlly just think its cool when it can do all that has been metioned. but thts how i feel agree disagree or whtever. To me its all about haveing fun and do the best i can with wht ive got.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome

Huh, I guess I'm slow, what does this have to do with anything?

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

well i gues will see if thts true for my truck :)

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Watch any ITPA Pro Stock class(3.0), and you will see every Dmax get stomped by a good running Cummins. Nobody has a strong running 3.0 Dmax except for Kuiselik sp??.

Huh, I guess I'm slow, what does this have to do with anything?

so the question again is how dmax are actually running 3.0 in a 3.0 class?
instead of 2.8 in a 3.0 class.

tom said that in said class 3.0. a 3.0 dmax would get stomped on... my question how many have stepped up to run 3.0 in a 3.0 class instead of 2.8 in a 3.0 class.

did i make that simple enough for you boys :rofl:

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
so the question again is how dmax are actually running 3.0 in a 3.0 class?
instead of 2.8 in a 3.0 class.

tom said that in said class 3.0. a 3.0 dmax would get stomped on... my question how many have stepped up to run 3.0 in a 3.0 class instead of 2.8 in a 3.0 class.

did i make that simple enough for you boys :rofl:

Are you reading what your posting? You sound like a tard.