Info: Lancaster California August 30

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
You don't have to fear Scheid trucks :wup: , you need to watch out for stock Dmaxes first... :confused::confused::confused:

...vs scheid trucks :rofl::rofl::rofl:.... nothing anyone of our west coast blood would know about... come on now really pat, you wanna get into real pulling? not that i have anything to say, but bring any truck of yours to a real pulling bracket (not that i know what that is) and see how you do compared to a 1300+ hp built cummins pulling truck.

and yes i know that plenty of members here have fared well with the proper $$$ builds on their trucks. but put bottom $ to $ and do the math.

not that i dont have repect for the dmax (id take one any day over a pstroke, and as a tow rig for my truck if i could afford to build my cummins/dodge how i want and then afford a tow rig on top of that) but come on. your beloved motor has been around a mere 7 1/2 years or so while the cummins has been in the pickup market for almost 20.....

/me awaits the flak that will come with this post, but really wants to hear it.

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
You seem to be the one getting uptight hotrod...... I am just letting you know the truth. If its too painful for you then quit posting like you know what's going on. Its fairly simple.

-Tom

seams that nick d is either one plce behind you or one place infront of you... iirc dont you have a said scheid motor????

one would say that dmax can hold their own.. :rolleyes:

unless your are saying nick aint shit for compettion :eek: :rofl:

:joker:

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
Well Pat,

Sounds like you better find a way to get Casper out to back up your win from Thunder, doesn't seem the result is holding much water at this point. For what its worth, I think Nick is gonna kick your arse this time:D never mind what Tom has for you - well that is if he can avoid those pesky Scheid motors.:rolleyes:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
...vs scheid trucks :rofl::rofl::rofl:.... nothing anyone of our west coast blood would know about... come on now really pat, you wanna get into real pulling? not that i have anything to say, but bring any truck of yours to a real pulling bracket (not that i know what that is) and see how you do compared to a 1300+ hp built cummins pulling truck.

and yes i know that plenty of members here have fared well with the proper $$$ builds on their trucks. but put bottom $ to $ and do the math.

not that i dont have repect for the dmax (id take one any day over a pstroke, and as a tow rig for my truck if i could afford to build my cummins/dodge how i want and then afford a tow rig on top of that) but come on. your beloved motor has been around a mere 7 1/2 years or so while the cummins has been in the pickup market for almost 20.....

Blah Blah Blah ...... is all I hear Jeremy . I bought you a case of either buddy.

Are we racing tomorrow night after truck nights ...... 12,000 lb. dmax vs. 6000 lb. cummins . I'll give you the go !! :poke:

Tcolesanti

Big single chargers rock!
Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
seams that nick d is either one plce behind you or one place infront of you... iirc dont you have a said scheid motor????

one would say that dmax can hold their own.. :rolleyes:

unless your are saying nick aint shit for compettion :eek: :rofl:

:joker:

Out here the track conditions do keep Nick and I very close. I have faired very well against him on the tighter tracks though. He is a great competitor, and his truck runs very hard, but remember we both have a pretty close $ amount into our engines.

-Tom

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal

thts becuase are dmaxes do at 700 hp wht takes one of ur crappy motrs 1300 to do. and the day you even step foot on a track at least once mabey you can have something to say and lets see one of those so called 1300 monsters drive to the track . Time to put up or shut up jerm now tht your truck is fixed no more exscueses

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Out here the track conditions do keep Nick and I very close. I have faired very well against him on the tighter tracks though. He is a great competitor, and his truck runs very hard, but remember we both have a pretty close $ amount into our engines.

-Tom

my gues pat probly has close to the same amount $ in casper's engine as well..

iirc you and scot V are the only scheid motors out here.

IMO a 3.0 CTD will make less hp then a 3.0 dmax on #2 main reason ctd head flows like crap compared to a dmax. the rest comes down to chassis setup.

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
my gues pat probly has close to the same amount $ in casper's engine as well...

Which one?

iirc you and scot V are the only scheid motors out here..

You are correct.

IMO a 3.0 CTD will make less hp then a 3.0 dmax on #2 main reason ctd head flows like crap compared to a dmax. the rest comes down to chassis setup.

Watch any ITPA Pro Stock class(3.0), and you will see every Dmax get stomped by a good running Cummins. Nobody has a strong running 3.0 Dmax except for Kuiselik sp??.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Wow, at least one of you guys figured something out..........

Tom you don't know how close your truck came to being pulled off the track by Casper after it pulled. Betty bocked the track and the big search for ether began to start it. :p
Good to have you back buddy. :D

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
my gues pat probly has close to the same amount $ in casper's engine as well..

iirc you and scot V are the only scheid motors out here.

I'd say Pat has at least as much money in his motor as Tom, not to mention how many Pat has been through. As for the 3.0 D max's making more hp that 3.0 Cummins - that is a bit of a blanket statement - there are a ton of really strong 3.0 Cummins motors out there, most of which you probably don't know anything about - and also some strong 3.0 D max's no doubt.

And yeah, Tom and Scotts trucks are the only "Scheid" motors out here - that is kind of the point.

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
Tom you don't know how close your truck came to being pulled off the track by Casper after it pulled. Betty bocked the track and the big search for ether began to start it. :p
Good to have you back buddy. :D

Yeah that ether I keep pretty close for instances just like that. Lesson learned for Craig!:rofl:

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
thts becuase are dmaxes do at 700 hp wht takes one of ur crappy motrs 1300 to do. and the day you even step foot on a track at least once mabey you can have something to say and lets see one of those so called 1300 monsters drive to the track . Time to put up or shut up jerm now tht your truck is fixed no more exscueses

I don't really care how much hp anybody makes, regardless of brand, but the "my truck drives on the street better than yours" argument has got to go. When is everyone going to realize, nobody really cares. All that matters are the results at the end of the day. When someone builds a pull truck, they build it to run strong, stay together and to win - not drive down the blvd, or to the market or to the freakin' track - that is completely irrelevant.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'd say Pat has at least as much money in his motor as Tom, not to mention how many Pat has been through. As for the 3.0 D max's making more hp that 3.0 Cummins - that is a bit of a blanket statement - there are a ton of really strong 3.0 Cummins motors out there, most of which you probably don't know anything about - and also some strong 3.0 D max's no doubt.

And yeah, Tom and Scotts trucks are the only "Scheid" motors out here - that is kind of the point.

The engine currently in Casper is:

Cut stock pistons, coated.
Stock LLY block and crank.
ARP head studs.
Factory headgaskets.
Factory cam.
Mildly ported heads.
Hardened pushrods and high rate springs.
Crower rods.
Factory harmonic balancer and flexplate.
Factory waterpump.
Factory LLY injectors.
Factory oil pump.
PPE dual CP3 pumps, one II, one WD.
PPE GT42 Magnum turbo with 3.00" restrictor tube.
Factory exhaust manifolds and risers.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
Yeah that ether I keep pretty close for instances just like that. Lesson learned for Craig!:rofl:

Don't kid yourself, the ether was in the door. That whole deal was a disaster, never should have shut the motor down to begin with - had a little misinformation. Oh yeah Mike, if it had been towed off - it wouldn't have been by Pat, I never would have let that happen:eek:

Tcolesanti

Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
Don't kid yourself, the ether was in the door. That whole deal was a disaster, never should have shut the motor down to begin with - had a little misinformation. Oh yeah Mike, if it had been towed off - it wouldn't have been by Pat, I never would have let that happen:eek:

Craig, your a good man. And your right about these guys bickering about what truck drives to the track. WHO GIVES A FUKK???? Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough, and no friggin whining!!!

-Tom

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
PS - Casper has Engine #3 in it:

Original stock engine bend all eight rods, driveable.

Second engine melted all eight pistons, driveable.

Current engine has been running about 1 year worth of racing, details above.