Info: Lancaster California August 30

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
That's right Kat, You guys are right on top of that quake today arent you.
We felt it all the way up here in the AV. Had a truck on the lift and decided it would be good to get out from underneath it. :D
Hope you didn't have any damage.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
so what class would i have to pull in dual fuelers and a Stock turbo ;):)

Pat is right, you would go in pro street, not the mod/exhib. The dual fuelers keep you out of the 2.6 class. We're trying to keep that class fairly entry level. If you can legitimately disconnect one of them, then you can go in the 2.6 class.
The Pro street class will pay 4 positions though, and looks like it will turn out to be a good class, I wouldn't be surprised if a sleeper truck slides in there and grabs a paying spot.

As of right now, it looks like we will have a few of the competitors pull trucks on display at the fair during the day Saturday prior to the pull. The idea is to raise some awareness of the pull as it is a new event for the fair. The BBD, Colesanti's "All Nighter", and likely one more truck are on the list right now. Come out early if you can and check things out, anyone who hasn't seen the BBD up close should come have a look, it is a sight. Plus just help attract that attention to the trucks for the sake of the pull.
FYI, there is also a cool event at 3pm before the pull called the "Rural Olympics" in the main grandstand area, it is a hoot to watch. All kinds of farm machinery, heavy equiment etc. in various contests and races.

Keep it coming guys, see you there.

Craig

the4wheeler

--->(Something Funny)<---
May 4, 2008
Ventura County SoCal
A 10 wheel Army truck (deuce and 1/2?) was at LACR when we did the Diesel Power Challenge in '06. It had about 100HP. It pulled the sled all the way to the end at 1 mph.

If you have weight and gearing, HP is not needed.

There was a Kodiak at the first High Desert event in 2004. It did well.

exactly thats why i think the krawler would do respectable

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Well i guess ill see wht i can do in the pro class then LOL who knows mabey it will do good :) Guess i might as well get a lift pump on there as well and mabey a bigger spinny thing :D

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Well i guess ill see wht i can do in the pro class then LOL who knows mabey it will do good :) Guess i might as well get a lift pump on there as well and mabey a bigger spinny thing :D
Probably you will do very well. I did better than alot of trucks that I thought would beat me in the street class.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I will try harder. Maybe I should launch at 3k, then I would get some good wheelspin:) Seriuosly I am going to attempt to set the truck up better. I wil be able to wrench this time.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
my first ever pull i have seen was the last one a few months ago that you set up cjohnson...

Is it the norm to have just 1 pull and the trucks are done? Or was that just for that event.

Pretty normal. Most pulls don't have multiple hooks. Problem we have out here is the number of competitors. If we had 50+ trucks, You may not want to see more hooks. My guess is you will see some trucks hook twice at this pull, I think people will be going after the purse.

Hey Pat, I'd work less on detuning and more on the excuses you are going to have for getting rolled up at this pull.:D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

Hey Pat, I'd work less on detuning and more on the excuses you are going to have for getting rolled up at this pull.:D

Yeah, us Dmax guys have to work much harder to get excuses:

A) We don't get as much practice using them.

B) We need to put them in simpler language that even Goat Boys can grasp.

C) We can't use the old "Well you have two more cylinders" excuse...

:D