Kills at the drag strip

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Matt, I think the Little River track is about 2.5hrs from Dallas. Don't remember exactly where you were from.

Would be awesome to see the dmax guys show up and own the place for a day.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Matt, I think the Little River track is about 2.5hrs from Dallas. Don't remember exactly where you were from.

Would be awesome to see the dmax guys show up and own the place for a day.
Yea that would be awesome! I hang out with the Angry Diesel guys on Friday nights and they claim that there are going to be some fast trucks from up North coming down. I would like to see some 11s Dmax's from Texas show those northern boys how it's done. But then again, all the Angry Diesel guys own Powerjokes and cummaparts and talk a lot of crap so who knows.....maybe no fast trucks will be there. I do know that my version of fast is much different than theirs. I do not consider my truck fast at all compared to what these trucks are capable of and I blow the doors off all the Angry Diesel trucks who have twice the money in them. They consider my truck "the fast one". It's kinda embarrassing. Lol but with that said most of the Angry Diesel guys are really cool guys, they just need to stop wasting money on their trucks and upgrade to a Dmax.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Didn't you race a big blue stock trans LBZ that night too? I heard he gave you a run for your money. Why didn't you have that race on there........OH WAIT!!! Here it is!:poke:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lOqK7ZDoE

Yea I know, really old thread.

Haha ya you sure did! I had the video but it was just of the wife's lens cap!! Lol. It will be a different story though now!!!

Last edited:

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
quiton, what's your fastest time to date?

8.15 in the 1/8th with a mid launch, which would put me at 12.75 with the calculator for quarter mile. Only got to run a few times that night. I haven't gotten to fully try the new tuning and nitrous out yet. Had issues that night but so far that was my best and 60' was a 1.85

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
sounds about right. I was a 8.07 with a 12.75 with around a 1.82 60' I think.

What size tires you runnin? With twinz mph seems kinda low. I ran a 12.94 at ennis with a 1.94 60 ft at 106 mph. When I ran at little river I couldn't hook up for crap there. I also found I had a exhaust leak on my up pipe. Hey Derek, you guys gonna go out there tonight?

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Haha ya you sure did! I had the video but it was just of the wife's lens cap!! Lol. It will be a different story though now!!!
We shall see my friend :D......but yea your probably right. I'm guessing your truck is out of the shop since it was damaged in that nasty tornado.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
What size tires you runnin? With twinz mph seems kinda low. I ran a 12.94 at ennis with a 1.94 60 ft at 106 mph. When I ran at little river I couldn't hook up for crap there. I also found I had a exhaust leak on my up pipe. Hey Derek, you guys gonna go out there tonight?
Yea ill be there. I gotta get my tunes data logged and changed. Since I installed the BT box my trap speed is way down.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
So you coming out tonight? Or am I going to be the only Dmax/diesel truck that can beat a Camaro?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well raced a supercharged mustang last night and spanked him pretty bad from a dead stop. Bout 8 cars. A roll was about two cars then he started catching me at 130 or so.