TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
No you didnt see where I was going with my question. Someone that can actually tune can make something like I described run and have good street manners. Stock turbo trucks with stock injectors has been done for years.

Before I knew Justin I personally saw an 8 second Supra that he tuned, FWIW.

This is obviously up to Justin to address, but it sounds like his only intention at this point is to offer affordable tuning to the average guy.

I'm sure at one point Nick, Rob, Trent, Mike, Mike, etc... (sorry if I left you out) didn't have experience tuning those setups. How many triple turbo trucks do you think Nick, Rob, Mike, or Mike have tuned? My guess is that Trent has the most experience tuning those, does that make Rob a bad tuner? No it means he's not as experienced with the platform, but given the opportunity would do great at it.

When I get my trans and compound turbos, Rob will be tuning those for me. I'm not going to use someone else, because he doesn't have extensive tuning with quad turbos. He has a good tune and experience for what I drive today, if he didn't then I'd look elsewhere.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
It's been a while since there has been a thread with some controversy lol and makes for a little fun. Don't take anything personally.

Well, I do tend to take personal attacks personally.... It was a personal attack against me that was completely unwarranted.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
EFILive 101, the minimum price of a V2 is set by EFILive. If an authorized EFILive vendor don't sell it for that price, they could lose their vendor status. Many tuners offer tunes as an incentive to buy from them over someone else. As someone who already knows how to tune, Justin would have no use for the marketing product Rob includes with his V2 sales.

Sounds like he just wanted to see how his truck drove with a tune from the infamous Idaho Rob. I don't see anything wrong with loading a tune from one of the best tuners to see how it's driveability, power and street manners stack up against his own tune he made. Maybe after he realized his tune was competitive he realized he could sell his tunes commercially? Who knows... I sure don't. I do know that he didn't steal the tunes from Rob, even though I can see that it could look bad if you didn't know Justin.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Well, I do tend to take personal attacks personally.... It was a personal attack against me that was completely unwarranted.

It's the internet lol. You do have a point though and I will agree it was unwarranted. But I bet it got you wanting to prove me wrong though lol! I bet when you do I will hear about it lol!!

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
My truck is the highest HP truck I have done so far.

and it was 603/1093.

So to answer your question, just average Joe for now. I refer all the big HP trucks to Rob. I will be doing a TT LMM here shortly though.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
2009RavenR1 if your tunes are yours then thats great. If you seen someone elses tunes, your not the only one. I'm sure all this could have been avoided if Robs name wouldn't have gotten brought up. Either way if your customers are happy then thats all you can ask for. If your a good tuner with gas engines and can do diesels too than you will stay busy.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
All I know is I've been pulling my hair out trying to tune a 4.8 gasser. :angry5:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My truck is the highest HP truck I have done so far.

and it was 603/1093.

So to answer your question, just average Joe for now. I refer all the big HP trucks to Rob. I will be doing a TT LMM here shortly though.

Got ya. Well good luck in the new venture.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
All I know is I've been pulling my hair out trying to tune a 4.8 gasser. :angry5:

LOL... trying to squeeze the extra 1.2HP that GM left out of that motor?

My brother has one, I told him it wasn't worth the 75 bucks for a license.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
2009RavenR1 if your tunes are yours then thats great. If you seen someone elses tunes, your not the only one. I'm sure all this could have been avoided if Robs name wouldn't have gotten brought up. Either way if your customers are happy then thats all you can ask for. If your a good tuner with gas engines and can do diesels too than you will stay busy.

I didn't bring Rob's name into it. Somebody else did.