2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
Okay... To clear things up.. Rob made two tunes for my truck BEFORE I started selling tuning. I have a LLY... He has a LBZ. The tunes don't exactly transfer over.

The reason you havent heard of me yet is I just started selling tuning about a month ago. It wasn't really my idea to even start selling tuning either, I fixed quite a few tuning issues on peoples trucks.

I am NOT the same person, and I did not just register here today. It may have been my first post.. But I have lurked around on here for a while. I do most of my posting on DF.

And I do not run Rob's tuning in my truck, I have his tunes.. But I don't run them. I got two free two when I bought a V2 from somebody so I took the tunes this was about a month before I decided to start tuning for a side project.

And I assure you I am not reselling Rob's tunes. There is people who have run both of our tunes and they can tell you that they are NOT the same tunes. Hope this clears up some confusion.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Let me see if I can clear everything up here..

1. I know Justin and he has extensive gas tuning experience. If you're on DF, you'll notice that he did a how to on writing tunes over at DF before he purchased tunes from Rob.

2. Justin is a stand up guy and would NOT steal intellectual property, he is very respectful of it.

3. Rob is a great tuner as well, I run his tunes on my truck personally.

4. I have quite a few friends locally that are running Justin's tuning and they are all VERY happy with it.

5. Justin and that 4x4 guy are not the same guy, the 4x4 guy has been sending me messages on DF the last few days from a post I made over there. Any mod could pull his IP address and verify that he's no in the same area even. (Florida and Colorado)

6. You guys talk about his reputation, but you'll notice you can't find one person with a bad thing to say about his tuning. Everybody started out somewhere and just because he's not as well known as Rob doesn't make him a bad tuner. He's still building his customer base and reputation.

7. Since Justin is not a paying vendor on these sites, he obviously wouldn't have a huge reputation on them in only a matter of a few months.
OP...

You will be happy with either Justin or Rob's tuning. If you wan't to get Rob's tuning, I can get you Rob's contact info and he'd be more then happy to sell it to your directly. Then you could pay Dallas to pull your stock tune and then flash the new tune on your truck.

If you want references you should post on DF to see who's running his tunes and happy with it. Additionally you could ask Justin 2009RavenR1 for references and I'm sure he can give you a few guys user names to contact for feedback on his customer service, tunes, etc...

I want to again say that Rob is a great tuner and is one of the best known Dmax tuners in the country.

As for the fact that Dallas no longer carries Rob's tunes... You shouldn't hold that against Justin, but maybe ask Dallas for more details as to why he changed.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
I am not sure why all the accusations are flying around about my tuning here. The only reason I came and posted here was because I was emailed a link to this thread.

I have lots of time and research into my tuning and to be accused of stealing tunes is offensive and ridiculous to me. Seeing how I am not a vendor here, I will leave it at that.

Sorry if I have stirred anything up over here as those are not my intentions at all. You each are entitled to your own opinion and I don't expect to convince you otherwise.

I was simply trying to help the guy out.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Why give a guy more free advertising when he's not a supporting vendor of this site, which in turn takes business out of other's pockets???

Rob isnt a vendor here either, I say good luck to this guy.

If he writes a nice tune,He will get noticed.

4x4Danny4x4

Apr 27, 2011
South Florida
I'm just trying to get all the info I can,as u know I just started in this world of duramaxs so I'm trying to ask as much as I can. As far as Dallas goes ive talked to him on the phone/email many times and he seems like a great guy and told me y he switched tuners. I have been hearing Robs name after every efi tune suggestion so I had him in my head to get tunes and then I hear the switch, so I just want to be sure I have the satisfaction that my money is being spent the right way. I'm not on anyone side as I dont sh!t really.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The reason you havent heard of me yet is I just started selling tuning about a month ago. It wasn't really my idea to even start selling tuning either, I fixed quite a few tuning issues on peoples trucks.
Dude, don't come in here and try to bullshit us. You weren't forced into tuning commercially. I have helped countless people with tuning and even given people tunes for free, but you don't see me out there selling tunes. If you want to help people, you help them. If you want to make money, you start a business. It isn't something you just fall into.
Let me see if I can clear everything up here..

1. I know Justin and he has extensive gas tuning experience. If you're on DF, you'll notice that he did a how to on writing tunes over at DF before he purchased tunes from Rob.
If this guy is such a knowledgeable tuner, why did he need to buy tunes from Rob? :confused:

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I know Justin. Basically what tony said, i agree with. I know Justin has been tuning for quite some time, but just started with the duramax and EFI LIVE a few months ago.

theres a big name tuner that i dont care for their work personally, but a ton of people run them and are satisfied. To each is own i suppose.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
I started tuning Feb of 2010 on the Duramax Josh. I just didn't really put much out until about Jan-Feb of this year.

And I didn't BUY tuning from Rob. I got 2 free tunes when I bought a V2.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Taking others tunes and making changes to them dont make them yours. Tuning stock trucks isnt anything special either as they could be tunes from PPE, Rob, Nick, Trent, Dustin and whoever doesnt lock their stock motored tunes with changes. Hell Pat told guys years ago how to make a race tune. I'm sure guys made changes to that and called them their own also. Look at the quick 50 list for guys that know what they are doing. Someone that just started tuning with efi and dmaxes has seen others tunes if they have produced their own for sale in that amount of time.

2009RavenR1

May 1, 2011
And JoshH, I wasn't forced.. I guess I worded that poorly. I never had the intentions of starting a business with tuning.

I started my company to sell custom water-meth kits and other go fast goodies.

I was ASKED to tune for more than one company. Once again. Sorry for anything I have stirred up. Those are not my intentions here.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
If this guy is such a knowledgeable tuner, why did he need to buy tunes from Rob? :confused:

I agree that it looks bad now, but it was completely innocent. He bought a v2 and they were free. Prior to buying or receiving those tunes he had a thread on DF on how to write a tune and had dyno'd his truck at 603hp on his tune.

You'll believe what you want, but he didn't steal his tuning from Rob.