Just want some experienced eyes.

Feb 17, 2014
Just got an edge insight cts2 and can now see my stats.
Idle around 680 in drive
Fuel rail pressure 4.3 Kpsi
Eng oil pressure. 19 psi
Balance rates
Inj 1. -2.4
Inj 2. -1.0
Inj 3 0.6
Inj 4 -4.3
Inj5 2.1
Inj6 6.7
Inj7 1.7
Inj8 -3.3

Eng coolant temp 188
Tranny temp 194

Just drove through 30 minutes of traffic. Max boost I see when I stomp on it is 22psi.

Does all of this seem ok?

Last edited:

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
Yes. Boost is probably higher but the stock reading maxes out at 22 psi. And those two injectors balance rates are a little out but nothing to worry about.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
Is the truck tuned? If those balance rates are at idle, I would be concerned about the two high ones. What do the balance rates look like in drive with your foot on the brake?

The stock boost sensor will only read 22psi max.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Not to answer for Verlon but put the stock tune back on and test in drive with your foot on the brake with the eng. at op temp. I agree with the others 4 and 6 don't look so hot.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Yeah check it in park, idleing. Should be within +/- 4

Also, the boost reading, like Verlon said will only read up to 22psi on the cts will only read 22psi, I think you need an analog gauge of some sort to read higher.

And, check your desired rail pressure as well compared to actual when flooring it

Feb 17, 2014
Stock tune injector 6 was at like -3.9 or 4 something and the rest were better but I haven't been able to retest it on a stock tune since the results above. It's only been tuned 3 or so weeks

Feb 17, 2014
No the surging is still there and when riding it holds the fuel pressure but at idle it's bouncing around as much as the Rpms do. And I may be paranoid but I think it's been smoking a little easier than it used to and I'm not a fan of that.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Probably needs a new fuel pressure reg. that would be your surging and could cause some smoke as well.

If you unplug the reg. what does your fuel pressure go up to?

Feb 17, 2014
I think I know where it is after doing some reading just not sure how to unplug it yet. Ill try to figure it out and let you know. I bought an injector but I'm gonna wait to see if it is the regulator first. What ither symptoms should I look for for it to be a regulator?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I think I know where it is after doing some reading just not sure how to unplug it yet. Ill try to figure it out and let you know. I bought an injector but I'm gonna wait to see if it is the regulator first. What ither symptoms should I look for for it to be a regulator?

Normally a surge is related to the FPR or fuel supply to the regulator. Are you running a lift pump, if so what is the pressure set at on the lift pump? I highly doubt that #6 is making it surge.

If you unplug the reg. the fuel pressure should go to max 24 psi +. That will tell you the health of the CP3 and the injectors. If you can't hold max rail at idle it will never hold it once the fuel demand goes up while driving.