June '24 Chat -- June bugs or Cicadas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
If you're going to be stupid got to be tough, owner said his dog wasn't friendly, herd it didn't compute and tried to pet his husky.
Husky was tied in he car and not free roaming.
Totally my fault, puppy is up to date on its shots, packed some anti biotics in the holes and wrapped everything up.
Little sore most likely bruised bones

Being human sucks sometimes 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20240628_192706700.jpg
    IMG_20240628_192706700.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20240628_192327274.jpg
    IMG_20240628_192327274.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 9

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
If you're going to be stupid got to be tough, owner said his dog wasn't friendly, herd it didn't compute and tried to pet his husky.
Husky was tied in he car and not free roaming.
Totally my fault, puppy is up to date on its shots, packed some anti biotics in the holes and wrapped everything up.
Little sore most likely bruised bones

Being human sucks sometimes 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
Opps...

Just a heads up, don't ever do that to a cane corso

Cane Corso can be up to 700 psi bite force...

South African Boerbels have a bite force of around 450 psi. But some have reported them at over 530psi... the males can get up to 200 lbs and when you watch them do bite training some of the trainers actually get hurt. Those dogs are so powerful not just in bite strength but in muscle mass.

Any way , just to compare. A human is around 150 psi.

That husky was around 300 psi.

A Tiger is around 600 psi

A Bear is around 900 psi

An American alligator can be 2000-3000 psi depending on size.

A Crocodile can reach up to 3700 psi...

Reactions: malibu795

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I'd love to have a Kangal Shepherd Dog from Turkey, has around 750psi bite force.. but my job and lack of stuff for it to do I find it inhuman treatment especially for a working breed

I pinned the husky head back against the door window and pulled his lower jaw open with my other hand to free myself. I doubt if he was actually trying to hurt me I probably won't able to do that.
Definitely got a mouthful from the dog after that he wasn't expecting that🤣

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
My buddy has a pair of 5yr old wolfhounds, who are the most friendly dogs you will ever meet. Which is a good thing, because they typically greet me with paws on the shoulders, looking down at me. And I'm 6'2..

Byte force, I raised Rotts for 30yrs, and they have plenty. I have no idea what a wolfhounds have, because it doesn't matter. These things can chomp you head and drag you off without much effort on their part..

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: malibu795

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
My buddy has a pair of 5yr old wolfhounds, who are the most friendly dogs you will ever meet. Which is a good thing, because they typically greet me with paws on the shoulders, looking down at me. And I'm 6'2..

Byte force, I raised Rotts for 30yrs, and they have plenty. I have no idea what a wolfhounds have, because it doesn't matter. These things can chomp you head and drag you off without much effort on their part..

They say a wolf hound is typically 400 psi but can exert as much as 1200 PSi when in a fight for its life.

A Rotti is only about 330 psi

My buddies boerboels are the same way but set them off and it's Game over... The female is so strong that she can plant herself and I can not make her budge. The Male is younger but getting the same way his paws are huge.

I rough house with them a little and the Female can take me down. The male is actually a little more tame but he is still growing.

I miss his Cane Corso. That dog had a funny Personality. He reminded me of cookie monster. He would come up from behind and chew on your hand but not use his teeth.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It was James wanted a ZF6 but it needed to be a CCLB 4x4.

And Now that he got the Limo back, we see how long the swap takes... :ROFLMAO: Before or after he needs his next rebuild...

lol it won’t happen. Since we build these Allison’s at the shop now, I’ll just refresh her as needed.

Poor girl is just sitting in the garage waiting her turn. Gotta get the tracker finished up before that comes in. Got a couple painters I need to contact and I’ve been hunting down parts to freshen the interior/exterior back up. Needs tires before anything

Reactions: 1FastBrick

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Son and his friend came up to town to look at a car, without asking me to come look at it with them. Friend ended up buying it, a 2005 Saab 9-2x. They brought it over to the house to get my opinion afterward. Oy vey.

All I could tell the friend was, "I wish you would've called me to come look at it BEFORE you bought it. I was available and willing to help. You knew that. Id have turned you around and walked you away".

This young man got taken for $4000. Car is worth maybe $1500. But the deal is done, so now its time to try to make the best of it for him. As luck has it, this car is basically a Subaru WRX with a Saab front clip, so parts are readily available and relatively inexpensive. But still.....

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Well, the month of June 2024 has come to pass, and I personally haven't spotted either of the insects listested in this title.

Maybe the fact that I re-landscape my yard with heavy equipment every 5 to 10 years has rooted out all the ground dwellers. Found it pretty funny that FB popped up a cicadas pic I posted 7 years ago, and the tree and area it was in sets 4ft lower today.

Think maybe I'm onto something??

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Well, the month of June 2024 has come to pass, and I personally haven't spotted either of the insects listested in this title.

Maybe the fact that I re-landscape my yard with heavy equipment every 5 to 10 years has rooted out all the ground dwellers. Found it pretty funny that FB popped up a cicadas pic I posted 7 years ago, and the tree and area it was in sets 4ft lower today.

Think maybe I'm onto something??

🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.