Question: Intercooler Question

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
All a2w are not created equal. Your better off running a large a2a then a small cored a2w. Don't cheap out when buying your a2w core or you'll pay for it later.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
All a2w are not created equal. Your better off running a large a2a then a small cored a2w. Don't cheap out when buying your a2w core or you'll pay for it later.

I figured my best bet is a2a because to build a proper w2a I would have to spend a lot more then what it would cost to get a quality a2a.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
funny, When Last I Data Logged My Iat Was About 10°C Above Ambient
BD Cooler FTW
You sure you were logging the correct IAT sensor? If so, was this when you were just cruising or really running it hard?

Factory equipped? I just know LLY's are integrated into the maf sensor cuz i was mistaken earlier and thought i could compare the differences in temps after goin to a/w.

They are only there from the factory on LBZs and LMMs.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
IAT sensors are in the MAF sensor, correct? That would mean you're logging air temps prior to turbocharger.

There is a sensor in the maf, the one I was referring to is in the y bridge and measures the intake temp just before the intake runners/ cylinder, it is factory on my lbz but the y bridge on my truck is from all season diesel, and I deleted the egr and am running PPE manifolds and BD intercooler, all to try and keep the intake air cool and dense

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You sure you were logging the correct IAT sensor? If so, was this when you were just cruising or really running it hard....

Just pushin a little bit, I was towing at crusing speeds, however, it took quite a bit of throttle and several seconds to see the temps climb, I data logged solo in the winter and ran it all out and my iat was iirc, 22°c when outside air was 27°f
So what is that? Close to 40° above ambient temps, not sure how summer temps will affect this ratio

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
picture.php

See the wire? Its attached to the IAT sensor which is screwed into the y bridge via a threaded bung in the bridge, this is a y bridge from all season diesel, the sensor is from GM

Any more questions.....

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Temps are going to be low until you start making a lot of boost. There is a lot of heat for compressing air. IIRC guys are seeing 500*F on the hot side of twins. I want to run an IC between my turbos in addition to the normal place. I'm thinking a pair of a2w coolers that have the radiator in the back to get the heat out of the front stack then have and ice cooler for just the track. but who knows when I will get to this.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, I was only seeing 28-32 psi with a single 4094vgt, so nothing extreme here....the way I am set up right now is pretty bullet proof(knock on wood) my egt's are lucky (unlucky) to pass 1400 on a w.o.t pass, all my temps stay within factory spec right now, or close to, even on my race tune, I feel like I have it pretty dialed in

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
picture.php

See the wire? Its attached to the IAT sensor which is screwed into the y bridge via a threaded bung in the bridge, this is a y bridge from all season diesel, the sensor is from GM

Any more questions.....

You have that wired on your truck? Isn't your truck a lilly? If so where did you wire it into, they don't have a factory harness connector for that. That will plug into an lbz/lmm. Unless you have that sensor running straight to an aftermarket gauge I don't see how you are reading manifold intake temp.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2