Injectors. Help

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
well after doing the gm injector cleaner yesterday with no results i buttoned everything up and filled the truck up. a buddy of mine had hot shot diesel extreme which claims it increases power, clears up white smoke, so on and so forth. well today i took a nice long ride out to tractor supply i can still faintly smell the fuel in the exhaust but the smoke isnt there. atleast i cant see it. balance rates are still the same as shown above. did i buy myself some time or should i continue on ordering the injectors.:confused:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
He's probably going to find a tall building because there's been a surge of people recently asking about injectors

In all honesty, all of this information has been covered many times but it seems people don't know how to search for it so instead re-ask the same thing over and over.

Like him, when I got my first Duramax, I googled and read as much as I can about it. I think it was over a year before my first post.

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
Hey thats fine. As i always say i appreciate all the information i get from this site. If its just scrolling through or askinf my own questions. I get that it might be a beat to death question. But at the end of the day alittle one on one communication about my individual situation with my truck goes a long way. Especially if someone isnt 100% sure on certain things. But at the end of the day if you dont want to help me or anyone else, simply keep scrolling. Not everyone has the knowledge some other people here do and frankly...isnt that what this site is for??:confused:

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Hey thats fine. As i always say i appreciate all the information i get from this site. If its just scrolling through or askinf my own questions. I get that it might be a beat to death question. But at the end of the day alittle one on one communication about my individual situation with my truck goes a long way. Especially if someone isnt 100% sure on certain things. But at the end of the day if you dont want to help me or anyone else, simply keep scrolling. Not everyone has the knowledge some other people here do and frankly...isnt that what this site is for??:confused:

I come off as an asshole sometimes. Sorry about that. But your injectors at on the way out. You can try snake oil for awhile. I did it and many others here. I even tried to save money on doing the one bank that gave me problems the most off the balance rates. 6 months later I was back in the other bank. It might not be smoking now but it will again for sure. It is what it is. I was a gasser mechanic and realized there not the same. You have one stick open and it's all over for that piston. Rich diesel burns damn hot. It'll start to melt the piston down. BUT all this is on google. I tell my 12 year old there's nothing that can't be done off google and YouTube. Also why was the cp3 replaced? I think you mentioned that in the first post? It could have sent junk into the injectors

Sooooo. IF YOU do injectors pull cups and get the high pressure lines cleaned or buy new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
I come off as an asshole sometimes. Sorry about that. But your injectors at on the way out. You can try snake oil for awhile. I did it and many others here. I even tried to save money on doing the one bank that gave me problems the most off the balance rates. 6 months later I was back in the other bank. It might not be smoking now but it will again for sure. It is what it is. I was a gasser mechanic and realized there not the same. You have one stick open and it's all over for that piston. Rich diesel burns damn hot. It'll start to melt the piston down. BUT all this is on google. I tell my 12 year old there's nothing that can't be done off google and YouTube. Also why was the cp3 replaced? I think you mentioned that in the first post? It could have sent junk into the injectors

Sooooo. IF YOU do injectors pull cups and get the high pressure lines cleaned or buy new ones.

I understand. No appology needed. I changed the cp3 due to low rail pressure and blowing black smoke barely under a load.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Sounds like your due for injectors. Let me know and I'll get you taken care of here at LDS for all your injector needs. We have great prices for OEM Bosch units.