Injectors. Help

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
I have a 2002 with 231k on the clock. Recently had a debuilt jasper trans put in and did a new injection pump a while back. The injectors were replaced aroubd 115k before i bought it. The other day i was at a red light and i had a white haze coming from the exhaust. Strong enough to burn my eyes so i figured it had to be fuel. My buddy plugged it in to check rates all were decent #2 #4 were alittle off but still “good” as per GM spec. The smoke only comes once the truck is up to operating temp. Runs like a top, power is there, no change in fuel economy, no white smoke when driving. I just dont want to dump the money into injectors if its something else i can look at before that. Thanks guys

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
"a little off" and "not sure" are not the types of info that can help anyone help you. Next time, bring hard data like balance rates, fuel rate and other codes that might be present.

As it is, try the upper engine cleaner first. Wont hurt.

Dukchunter

Jan 12, 2018
Check to see if your making oil. If you are. Your basically out of time and need injectors

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
"a little off" and "not sure" are not the types of info that can help anyone help you. Next time, bring hard data like balance rates, fuel rate and other codes that might be present.

As it is, try the upper engine cleaner first. Wont hurt.

I agree. I appologize. Im working with lomited eauipment and tools at the moment. Currently moving and staying at the in laws until i close on the new house

Dukchunter

Jan 12, 2018
When lb7 injectors fail ( most of the time) they crack and let diesel fuel into the crank case. Over time it will cause your oil level to rise. If they are really bad it will be a matter of a day or a little more... check to see if your oil level is high

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
When lb7 injectors fail ( most of the time) they crack and let diesel fuel into the crank case. Over time it will cause your oil level to rise. If they are really bad it will be a matter of a day or a little more... check to see if your oil level is high

While that may have been true for the first batch of injectors, it is hardly the case now. Unless he is still on the original set of injectors, which would be amazing at 231k miles, cracked bodies are not likely. Wouldn't hurt to check though

More often now is leaking nozzles from the pintle not seating/sealing properly and high return rates from worn check ball seats

Philv

Jan 30, 2018
Surprise, AZ
My truck had bad injectors and amsoil injector cleaner help prolong their life so I could save for them. I just did injectors last weekend. Where do you live? If you're in the Phoenix area I could hook up my scan tool and get the hard numbers you need to verify the problem.

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
My truck had bad injectors and amsoil injector cleaner help prolong their life so I could save for them. I just did injectors last weekend. Where do you live? If you're in the Phoenix area I could hook up my scan tool and get the hard numbers you need to verify the problem.

Thanks. But im in jersey

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
I did the injector cleaner from gm, no good

Im going to plug in again tonight. What do you need to see besides balance rates

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
Okay here are the rates maybe someone can help. These arnt the oroginal injectors they were replaced before i got the truck around 115k miles. It has a new rebuilt cp3 as of 4 months ago
1. -0.6
2. 2.5
3. -0.2
4 -3.0
5 -0.3
6 0.8
7 2.0
8 -0.6

Des frp MPa is 34
Act frp MPa is 35

Des frp reg is mA 1332
Frp reg cmd is 1326

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
It probably needs injectors. Balance rates are a good start but don't always tell you everything. It's an lb7 smoking. With 100k plus miles. Mine was smoking with balance rates in check like yours. It is what it is. Get some Bosch injectors from lds and swap. If you have access to a bidirectional scanner you can shut down one cylinder at a time and see if you can locate the bad one but I bet there are several going.

No injector cleaner in the world is going to fix a worn seat.

If you've never done them there not that bad just time consuming. Tons of write ups on here and advise.

dfdsc68

Jun 22, 2017
It probably needs injectors. Balance rates are a good start but don't always tell you everything. It's an lb7 smoking. With 100k plus miles. Mine was smoking with balance rates in check like yours. It is what it is. Get some Bosch injectors from lds and swap. If you have access to a bidirectional scanner you can shut down one cylinder at a time and see if you can locate the bad one but I bet there are several going.

No injector cleaner in the world is going to fix a worn seat.

If you've never done them there not that bad just time consuming. Tons of write ups on here and advise.

Much thanks my man. Ill order up a set this weekend. Hell maybe it was good timing with labor day sales