Injector stuck in cup

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Ahhhh.... Lb7 problem!s..... Then again,I've seen lly injectors practically welded to the head. I wonder if there is any preventative maintenance for this. I'm at 236k miles on my original injectors and I wouldn't doubt ill have 1 that's going to be stuck. Good thing lbz injectors are awesome!:D

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well finally got these two apart and it took a ton of heat and prying.
picture.php
picture.php

Also got all the cups out with the puller James lent me. I used a lady finger prybar and they all came out so easy.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Were you able to salvage the cups, or did they get damaged during removal?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Were you able to salvage the cups, or did they get damaged during removal?

The tool James let me borrow worked great, a few of them have some light scratches in them but nothing serious. The two that were stuck I need to clean up still, I had to get them so hot to pry them off that all the oil in-between the injector and cup turned to hard carbon.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Travis' little gem of a tool he figured out (bullfrogjohnson). 7/8" lag bolt with a washer under the nut. Gotta make sure it's the wedge kind of lag bolt where the stud wedges the sides out as you tighten the nut down. Hasn't failed me yet

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Travis' little gem of a tool he figured out (bullfrogjohnson). 7/8" lag bolt with a washer under the nut. Gotta make sure it's the wedge kind of lag bolt where the stud wedges the sides out as you tighten the nut down. Hasn't failed me yet
I've got one of those! Was just curious if you had something different.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk