Injector stuck in cup

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
One I can work side to side its just being stubborn and will probably pull the cup with it, no big deal. The other one I can't move at all.

text me if you want to borrow mine along with the other stuff we were talking about.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I got a guy at work with what I need but he won't just lete borrow it without coming over and ruining my day.

James I'll take you up on that. I thought I could get them out last night I just ran out of time. I have to swing by the dealer ony way home anyway.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Just use a heal bar and take the injector out by prying under the hold down and on top of the head bolt. if the cups come then reseal it. I pull all the cups and reseal them anyways for piece of mind knowing that I didn't disturb one that leak. done a lot of sets and never had one stuck very bad. if the cup come oh well.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Work them side to side as far as they will turn and start prying up once they seem to loosen up. It just takes time, without the right tools of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I've never had one I couldn't get out with this.. Knock on wood... I've got an injector job Thursday

4cac83effb3b364fb1d6f684f6ab950b.jpg

I've got one of those I don't think it works all that well. I've got a lug nut welded to a cv swivel on a slide bar hammer that will get it done when they are real stuck

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've got one of those I don't think it works all that well. I've got a lug nut welded to a cv swivel on a slide bar hammer that will get it done when they are real stuck

I've used that took on probably 20 inherit jobs and never had an issue.. It's about worn out though haha

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i just gave Sean my setup.

take an old injector hard line, cut line and pull the injector threaded nut off the line. take a 1/2" universal joint and weld the nut to one end. then take a harbor freight slide hammer setup and pull the threaded end that has a lip on the end of it for pulling bearing races out (that damn thing never works cause the metal is too soft and rounds the lip off), weld that end to the other side of the universal joint and now you can use the slide hammer to pop stuck injectors out. I had to build a new one for Sean cause my other one grew legs and walked off and had to use a fuel rail nut side. not sure if it will work so i told him to try it and see what happens. The old setup worked awesome but i never got to try it on the back injectors under the cowling, those always came right out.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I broke mine the 3rd injector I pulled :mad::mad:
Do they warranty them?

Yellowchevy

Mac IIRC is a dealer for them, they warrantied mine... I had one stuck something fierce and it broke the tip right off. All the others came out by hand. On the LB7 I used a heel bar under the hold down. Didn't even bother with the KM tool.

The slide hammer is the best way. I have had one for pulling the pencil nozzles out of Cat engines for years. Mine was at work when I needed it for my truck:mad:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well the slide hammer worked like a mother ****in dream. One popped right out with one hit. The really stuck one took about 5 hard hits but still came out and surprisingly both cups look damn good on the outside. Well see if I can separate them now.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The cups won't look so good on the inside. Heat may be necessary to remove them.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
The cups won't look so good on the inside. Heat may be necessary to remove them.

Kinda what i was thinking, I tried prying on them, what are they made of I only have oxy acetalyne torches so I guess ill start easy. Or try a brass punch

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think they're stainless. I usually use a small propane torch like you use to sweat pipes.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well the slide hammer worked like a mother ****in dream. One popped right out with one hit. The really stuck one took about 5 hard hits but still came out and surprisingly both cups look damn good on the outside. Well see if I can separate them now.

Good to hear buddy! If you need cups, lemme know. Got plenty of them lmao