Impala or Tahoe for a family car

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
These are all very good reasons and is making it harder to decide, haha.

Texas Chevy
With all that stuff it would be hard to fit in a standard Tahoe, an Yukon XL or Suburban might be better, lol.

You guys are right about having to clay bar white to keep it looking good. I need to clay bar my dually again, I did it about 3 years ago and man did it make it look good. I also feel white makes a vehicle look better longer, doesn't age it as much, but I could be crazy.

Here's the Tahoe that my wife really likes but doesn't like the miles so much
http://www.jkbautosales.net/2007_Chevrolet_Tahoe_Harrisonville_MO_175840750.veh
And the Yukon I also found that she also semi likes, buttons are warn out on it
http://www.jkbautosales.net/2007_GMC_Yukon_Harrisonville_MO_182520278.veh

Yellowchevy

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
My wife almost got a yukon but settled on a terrain , but a denali terrain and a mid range yukon are about the same price new. Good luck.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
These are all very good reasons and is making it harder to decide, haha.

Texas Chevy
With all that stuff it would be hard to fit in a standard Tahoe, an Yukon XL or Suburban might be better, lol.

Yellowchevy

We have the standard tahoe. Fold up one rear seat and bam lots of room. For big Costco run we busy out the truck lol. For everyday out and about tahoe with one seat folded up in the rear is perfect. And a suburban your back to parking issues again.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
We have the standard tahoe. Fold up one rear seat and bam lots of room. For big Costco run we busy out the truck lol. For everyday out and about tahoe with one seat folded up in the rear is perfect. And a suburban your back to parking issues again.

Makes sense. You could always take the 3rd row seat out too.
Do you have captains chairs in the back or bench? My wife wants captains chairs in the back over bench seat; they do look nicer but the bench seat can hold more people.

All these reasons aren't making it easy, haha.

Yellowchevy

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I love the Tahoe and yukon:thumb:
Don't get me wrong, they are cool, look cool, and with the DOD technology you get great fuel economy out of them, and dollar for dollar they are hard to beat for what you get in ammenities and performance.

The bad....
Every soccer mom in yuppie ville drives one of these damn things, there are three (or more)in my neighborhood and hundreds in the city I live in, at least. And the only time you see a guy driving one is Sunday morning on the way to church, loaded with the family, not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying they have become kinda the new mom-mobile of the modern age, so I couldn't possibly drive one or persuade a buddy, a man, or a diesel hotrodder to plant his butt into the drivers seat. I know, I know, what a biased and pampas assed stereotype, sorry, I know there are a lot of guys that probably own them too, but where I live, who I see driving them every day, are soccer moms

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Don't get me wrong, they are cool, look cool, and with the DOD technology you get great fuel economy out of them, and dollar for dollar they are hard to beat for what you get in ammenities and performance.

The bad....
Every soccer mom in yuppie ville drives one of these damn things, there are three (or more)in my neighborhood and hundreds in the city I live in, at least. And the only time you see a guy driving one is Sunday morning on the way to church, loaded with the family, not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying they have become kinda the new mom-mobile of the modern age, so I couldn't possibly drive one or persuade a buddy, a man, or a diesel hotrodder to plant his butt into the drivers seat. I know, I know, what a biased and pampas assed stereotype, sorry, I know there are a lot of guys that probably own them too, but where I live, who I see driving them every day, are soccer moms

That just tells me its a good reliable unit that is in demand yes theres alot of them out there would it make an awesome ride for a new family,absolutly i would ditch the stock wheels and put some thing nice on it and now you are not every other soccor mom.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
That just tells me its a good reliable unit that is in demand yes theres alot of them out there would it make an awesome ride for a new family,absolutly i would ditch the stock wheels and put some thing nice on it and now you are not every other soccor mom.

Yes, and yes and no
Then you will be a soccer mom with bling:roflmao:

JK :joker::seesaw:

I did say it was a pampas ass stereotype....they are a cool rig, don't listen to me....

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Makes sense. You could always take the 3rd row seat out too.
Do you have captains chairs in the back or bench? My wife wants captains chairs in the back over bench seat; they do look nicer but the bench seat can hold more people.

All these reasons aren't making it easy, haha.

Yellowchevy

Bench in the middle and the two person singles in the third row(looks like a bench but holds two). my wife at 120 lbs can pull one of the back seats out of the tahoe by herself. we have had three people in the back seat before though. Best thing we love about the tahoe is that on the passenger side the middle seat folds down as a single so you dont have to move the car seat to get people in the back back seat.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Soccer mom? Lmao. I hunt, fish, race, weight lift, and drive our tahoe every second i can. I find it very funny how u call them kinda girly, or yuppie when u were the one suggesting a ugly ass porsche. Lmao. Im goin to stop there before i get carried away, but wow u say some really crazy things.

Whats my twin turboed dmax look like with my 2 kids in car seats and my wife driving? Redneck? Cause alot of time id rather drive hers then drive mine. Guess that makes me girly. Lmao

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Texax Chevy,

The captains chairs in the back are nice but I like that you can get more people in it with the bench; plus three people in the bench seat wouldn't be that uncomfortable.
With that passenger side seat folded down how is access getting back to the 3rd seat, ok or tuff?

COCO,
I'm not listening to damn thing you're saying :thumb:
:roflmao::roflmao:
Just messing with you.

I like tahoes/yukons and wouldn't have any problems driving one of them, feels the same as driving my pickup except it's not as long or as fat.

Yellowchevy

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Soccer mom? Lmao. I hunt, fish, race, weight lift, and drive our tahoe every second i can. I find it very funny how u call them kinda girly, or yuppie when u were the one suggesting a ugly ass porsche. Lmao. Im goin to stop there before i get carried away, but wow u say some really crazy things.

my thoughts exactly, I'd take a Tahoe over a Cayenne or whatever they are any day of the weak. But everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid that opinion may be...

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
my thoughts exactly, I'd take a Tahoe over a Cayenne or whatever they are any day of the weak. But everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid that opinion may be...
:spit:

Meh, to each his own if COCO likes the Porche thats his taste no big deal i think its funny how people say "well everone has 1" Well doesnt that translate to good looking reliable comfortable and convieniant? Not only that but this it a truck/diesel forum.It wouldnt bother me buying something that is on every street corner i would just make it a little differant then all the others such as wheels and tires.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have to admit at times I feel like a poser/yuppie driving the wifes Denali, But then I remember I dont give a sh!t what other people think.;) It's 10X's quiter, more comfortable and pleasant to drive then my Lifted diesel on 35's lol.. Would I trade my truck for it? Not a chance in hell, I love my red neck diesel truck's :) But on the other hand I spent 6hrs doing estimates in the Yukon today and enjoyed every minute of it:thumb: If we did not have 7 Vehicles currently I would not even consider selling it but the fact of the matter is, its not practical for my wife to keep it to drive one mile to the school she teaches at every day. Moral of my endless rambling, I think the Yukon/Tahoes are great family DD vehicles, there about as comfortable as it gets in a SUV and have a great safety/crash rating....

Last edited:

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Texax Chevy,

The captains chairs in the back are nice but I like that you can get more people in it with the bench; plus three people in the bench seat wouldn't be that uncomfortable.
With that passenger side seat folded down how is access getting back to the 3rd seat, ok or tuff?

Yellowchevy

We had three people in the third row numerous times. On ours the seat belts dold into the seat so three can sit back there. Passenger side second row folded down I (227 lbs 5ft10) can climb back there easily.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

I know, I know, what a biased and pampas assed stereotype, sorry, I know there are a lot of guys that probably own them too, but where I live, who I see driving them every day, are soccer moms

Hot COCOAL JK :joker::seesaw: I did say it was a pampas ass stereotype....they are a cool rig said:
Damn, you guys only process the stuff you wanna argue about, or what???

Did you miss the other things I said about them? Then read the quote, geez...

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

Whats my twin turboed dmax look like with my 2 kids in car seats and my wife driving? Redneck? Cause alot of time id rather drive hers then drive mine. Guess that makes me girly. Lmao

My dmax has car seats too, and my wife used to love driving it before the 335is...I'd say it looks like a woman driving her husbands truck, and when you drive the Tahoe, it looks like your driving your wife's rig;)

Kinda like right now, and for the last three months, I have been driving a pearl white 08 legacy, with my daughters car seat, to card games the gym, everywhere, since the G 80 seized up and the truck couldn't go anywhere, do I care, no, it's comfortable, gets good fuel economy, it works. Does it look like I'm driving my wife's car, yes. Oh well, does it affect my manhood, nope, my confidence.....mmm, a little, I hate the damn car, and primarily I see women driving them, hence why my wife liked it, it appeals to women.

is that shallow, yep, so what, I'm a tad shallow, it matters to me what I drive, but I could care less what the d-bag next to me thinks, it's my problem on how I view the car.

I don't recall saying Tahoe's made a man look feminine, rather the trend for where I live is that women primarily drive them...so for me and my friends around here it's kinda a no no... Cars don't make you look feminine, you either do or you don't, now designer jeans with bedazzled jewels and pegged legs, that's totally different:roflmao:

I would love to own a Denali, but my wife got a BMW instead:angel:

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
We owed a traverse for a little while. Thank god my wife wanted more room lol. That made me feel like a soccer mom and we didn't have kids at the time. Around here everyone drives a tahoe lowered with rims. I enjoy diving my wife's tahoe when she lets me which is only when we are together. Who cares what other people think about you.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
That's a smoking deal on that Denali!

We just traded up from a Tahoe to a suburban! But we have a set of 5 y/o twins and she's preggo for twins again. So we needed the room!