Idler pivot

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Curious if anyone knows the difference or even what's everyone's preference on the supersteer idler pivot vs the kryptonite idler pivot. They have the same description, I know the supersteer has been around longer... Did kryptonite copy the design and offer it for $10 less? The kryptonite also has the warranty on it too. Curious what people recommend, for the first time ever kryptonite isn't ridiculously overpriced on something.

http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route=product/product&path=17_19_50&product_id=161

http://dmaxstore.com/products/?route=product/product&path=17_19_50&product_id=383

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
You can buy the gusset on ebay for around 13$. I have no idea why they think their's is worth 90. Otherwise not a bad deal at all.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i built my own bracket but i did alot of searching on those pivots as mine is starting to show wear. i was going to go with the kryptonite just cause its cheaper. unless there is chinese bearings/shaft in one over the other, i cant see there being a justifiable difference. dmax store isnt known for selling chinese stuff anyhow.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
2cac455196f9584755e4cf5c6eb30083.jpg

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Honestly the warranty won't be the deciding factor whatsoever, all that shit means nothing to me if it breaks and I have to return it and pay shipping both ways to get it replaced and be down the whole time. I want whichever one is better right off the bat. No matter the cost.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I think they might be rebadging/reselling Henderson's part. It's just too close not to land them in a legal battle if they aren't.

That said, I've been running the Henderson since '09 and beaten the hell out of it. I even bent the idler pin on my High Roller with it on. I took it out last year and it spin like butter. No shaft play. I called Henderson and asked if I should do any PM on it, and they said nope - slap it back in. I did. No complaints on that product from me!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I put a super steer in back in 06 or 07 in my reg cab
Drag raced & pulled with it over the years, never had any problems with it.
They didn't have the weld on brace for them back then so when I put SS in the other truck I didn't bother with it

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The Super Steer, Henderson, Kryptonite, Rare Parts idler shaft needs a grease fitting.....
=
My idler shaft needed a little help with very little grease from the factory. Fill the void between the shaft and housing and bearing with grease to keep moisture out and give it a longer life. Used a Moog problem solver hose to bring the grease fitting down to where it is much easier to get to..

=
r9lj6h.jpg

=
=
ixgo5f.jpg

=
=
2a51aaq.jpg

=
=
10x7lab.jpg

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
did you find moisture damage? I don't see the need unless you are offroading underwater maybe? When mine was out I asked Henderson about popping the cap and regreasing and they said to leave it alone and reinstall; lifetime lubed and sealed.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You can buy the gusset on ebay for around 13$. I have no idea why they think their's is worth 90. Otherwise not a bad deal at all.

Comes with a standard weld in gusset. The 90 bucks is for the bigger gusset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The bigger gusset is def worth 90 bucks. No way you can build one that nice for less and still leave a little on the bone for profit.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
did you find moisture damage? I don't see the need unless you are offroading underwater maybe? When mine was out I asked Henderson about popping the cap and regreasing and they said to leave it alone and reinstall; lifetime lubed and sealed.

That's brand new and a Hederson, moisture/condensation will collect inside the from extreme heat to cold where I live. Calling something sealed using a dust/grease cup designed back in the 1940-1950's for wheel bearing hubs is pretty sad not to mention the bearing is not packed with grease properly and they call it "lifetime lubed", not the way I was taught to pack wheel bearings 40 years ago........

Last edited:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
You must live in extreme climate change. I packed many bearings too, and with synthetic grease I never had to do it again. I'm not saying that you don't need it, but I certainly don't. Mine looked great after a ton of abuse and 7 years installed :)

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I gotta agree with Mike, looking at the pictures. I do t need to replace my idler support yet, but when I do I was planning on upgrading from my moog to the SS or death grip. Our temps here move about 70 degrees over the course of the year (-40c to 38c). Moisture would be a concern. I'd rather see that pin packed in grease, not just lightly coated.