Idaho Rob goes 9.36 in Max'd Out in Boise

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. The turbo combo has been a great set-up and runs pretty clean at 100psi. I changed some things on the turbos and need to adjust the gates some more as I don't like the numbers after hitting it with the extra fuel now. Should help clean things up even more getting that dialed in.

I'm looking forward to tearing the whole truck down for some needed TLC and getting some things cleaned up that I've put off for a while. I'll be ready for NHRDA opener in AZ in March.

It was previously stated somewhere that you went back to the GT42/GT5541 combo, right? What were you running before? I assume something bigger? I was also informed that my heads off my stock motor eventually made it to DTS and onto Max'd Out, that's just plain cool:thumb: I am a little surprised you are still running lb7 heads and injectors though, I wasn't so brave. Anyways, Congrats on the great passes Rob, I look forward to trying to catch up to you in the future :woott:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. The turbo combo has been a great set-up and runs pretty clean at 100psi. I changed some things on the turbos and need to adjust the gates some more as I don't like the numbers after hitting it with the extra fuel now. Should help clean things up even more getting that dialed in.

I'm looking forward to tearing the whole truck down for some needed TLC and getting some things cleaned up that I've put off for a while. I'll be ready for NHRDA opener in AZ in March.

good to hear rob! cant wait to see you out here again! its gotta geel good knowing its getting fast and things are still holding together well!

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
It was previously stated somewhere that you went back to the GT42/GT5541 combo, right? What were you running before? I assume something bigger? I was also informed that my heads off my stock motor eventually made it to DTS and onto Max'd Out, that's just plain cool:thumb: I am a little surprised you are still running lb7 heads and injectors though, I wasn't so brave. Anyways, Congrats on the great passes Rob, I look forward to trying to catch up to you in the future :woott:

Yes that is right on the turbo combo, it is what was ran before we sucked the rubber bushing and steel clamp went through both of them at the start of the 2010 season after the Phoenix race. Had a big 116 turbonetics on it most of last year. Very difficult to spool, this set up is a snap. He changed the waste gate setup this time, different than what he ran before. We talked about the LB7 heads and cups as I had the same question. Rob's answer was we have never had a problem with them so until we do I'm running them. So far so good. Nut sure if you have seen the vidoes yet, they are not the best but show it fairly well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWy7GAkSJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hbi6akfCeI

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
That thing is sure badass! Love the inside view pass. Congrats! Now go out there and show the Prostreet Dodge guys that you dont have to be prostreet to run with them. Looking for 8's soon.:thumb: