I needs help from my dd family

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
It was not a theft, it was a scam. State Farm did not hand over the keys to the truck, the owner of the truck did. They had nothing to do with it. There is no scam insurance.

Bingo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
"Theft by deception" -- not covered by auto insurance, namely b/c you handed the keys to the thief willingly. Now that truly sucks.

I hope someday they find the thief, Corbin.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
To be clear, this is horrible for Corbin and I totally feel for you man. At the end of the day, it's your responsibility to get a check verified before handing over the keys, blaming the insurance company is silly. I realize you're not the one blaming them Corbin. This is a shit lesson to have to learn in a shit way! Hopefully they find this thief and string him up.

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
I can tell you from adjusters on big storms they call them snake farm. And i wittinesed this with a tornado that came threw my mothers house. Allstate was spot on. Snake farm was screwing the person next door.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
So I take it you won't take responsability for your screw up? Someone else has to pay cause you screwed up. Grow up.

So the knucklehead that decides he is going to cut a tree down on his property and drops it on his house, does the insurance company tell him,

"you screwed up, grow up"?

"it was your hands on the chainsaw, sorry not our problem"

I have never done that so I cannot answer from first hand knowledge, but I am curious.

That's only homeowners, what about auto insurance when you don't see the ambulance and turn in front of it? Does the insurance company get a pass by saying

"yeah, your hands were on the wheel, you screwed up, not our problem."

No they don't, they go on TV and say shit like "don't worry, we've got your back" Blah Blah Blah.

The guy that turns in front of an oncoming car, made a mistake, insurance covers his loss.

Corbin made a mistake by turning over the keys to some gutter dwelling, dirtbag, POS, and now the insurance will not cover his loss.

The whole premise of buying insurance to cover us when we suffer a loss, whether that loss comes by our mistake, or someones else's. Insurance companies are the biggest legalized rip off in the country.

End of story whether your grown up or not.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Thanks everyone for the insite or info.

At the end of the day Mike is right. I turned the keys over to the “buyer”. It was my responsibility to know wether the check was good or bad or not. Although I didn’t know this at the time. Hell I even told myself on the way up if it was a sketchy cashiers check I was going to walk. But the name matched the routing number (this was 9pm couldn’t call).

The only reason I turned this into insurance was hoping I had coverage. They told me on about day 4 that that doubted they would be able to cover it because of the clause. The went through the policy multiple times and it’s just plain and simple not covered.

I’m going to do what I can do and take it on the chin and go on. I’ll come up with the money somewhere to make things right with my bank that took the check. I will be closing the account with them as how they treated me over it all. As for leaving State Farm I’m going to shop insurances to make sure I’m getting the best deal possible as money will be tight for a while now.

Let’s quit the bickering about insurance shit and just try to find my truck. If we could find the guy that did it I’d be even happier.

Someone please post the truck and stolen on some of the Facebook pages. Hell I’ll give a reward if we find the damn thing. What would motivate people $500?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks everyone for the insite or info.

At the end of the day Mike is right. I turned the keys over to the “buyer”. It was my responsibility to know wether the check was good or bad or not. Although I didn’t know this at the time. Hell I even told myself on the way up if it was a sketchy cashiers check I was going to walk. But the name matched the routing number (this was 9pm couldn’t call).

The only reason I turned this into insurance was hoping I had coverage. They told me on about day 4 that that doubted they would be able to cover it because of the clause. The went through the policy multiple times and it’s just plain and simple not covered.

I’m going to do what I can do and take it on the chin and go on. I’ll come up with the money somewhere to make things right with my bank that took the check. I will be closing the account with them as how they treated me over it all. As for leaving State Farm I’m going to shop insurances to make sure I’m getting the best deal possible as money will be tight for a while now.

Let’s quit the bickering about insurance shit and just try to find my truck. If we could find the guy that did it I’d be even happier.

Someone please post the truck and stolen on some of the Facebook pages. Hell I’ll give a reward if we find the damn thing. What would motivate people $500?

i applaud you buddy. This is seriously a shitty deal and if you every need anything, you are more than welcome to give me a call.

ive got your pic circulating out here but i dont see it making it this far unless they are that retarded. either way, we are lookin!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
i applaud you buddy. This is seriously a shitty deal and if you every need anything, you are more than welcome to give me a call.

ive got your pic circulating out here but i dont see it making it this far unless they are that retarded. either way, we are lookin!

Thank ya James

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Corbin, I'm genuinely sorry for what has happened. I know you may not want to get litigious with this matter, but I strongly feel a good lawyer can get you a long way with the insurance company. I despise lawyers almost as much as insurance companies, but like insurance companies, they are sometimes a necessary evil. I did a quick search on google and found a case out of Illinois where the same exact situation occurred involving State Farm. I didn't read the entire document, but from what I did read, it appears the court initially ruled in State Farm's favor, but the judgement was reversed on appeal. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best. Here is the document I found:

http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/Opinions/AppellateCourt/2014/5thDistrict/5130366.pdf

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’m attempting to post to southern diesel mafia on Facebook. If they allow it, maybe one of the 17k+ members will see it and know something.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Corbin, I'm genuinely sorry for what has happened. I know you may not want to get litigious with this matter, but I strongly feel a good lawyer can get you a long way with the insurance company. I despise lawyers almost as much as insurance companies, but like insurance companies, they are sometimes a necessary evil. I did a quick search on google and found a case out of Illinois where the same exact situation occurred involving State Farm. I didn't read the entire document, but from what I did read, it appears the court initially ruled in State Farm's favor, but the judgement was reversed on appeal. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best. Here is the document I found:

http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/Opinions/AppellateCourt/2014/5thDistrict/5130366.pdf

Thanks Josh.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The bad part is there is not a safe way to sell a truck unless both parties have the same bank.

Very true. Cash is a good way of ruling out scammers, but most people can’t get their hands on the amount of cash it takes to purchase a Diesel truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The last few trucks I've sold I accepted a cashiers check and told the buyer, " I'll call you when it clears and then you can have it ".

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Josh thank you for this. I just finished up with my lawyer and showed him this. He Said this may be my saving grace.