I needs help from my dd family

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Wouldn’t presumable sale still be considered theft under your local law?
Yes you knowingly handed them the keys but I guess I’m going by my grandma’s theory of “if you find a wallet and don’t give it back to the owner that’s theft of the wallet and stealing from their mouths” WWI daughter/WWII wife/Dust Bowl Survivor btw

You would think a police report of theft would suffice enough and that the details wouldn’t matter.

You also have to take into account they are an insurance company. What’s right doesn’t mean that’s what they will do

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
State Farm

Hmm, so when I was in my early 20’s I was insuring a new vehicle. My family had used State Farm for ever so naturally I used them as well. The agent asked me if I had ever been convicted of anything vehicle related? Me being honest I told her I had gotten a minor consumption when I was 17. She said we will have to raise your rates then. I asked why it’s not on my record? Doesn’t matter she said you told me... I argued with her for a minute as I literally had nothing on my record not even a speeding ticket. She wouldn’t budge. So I told her to shove her insurance up her whoha! I switched to another carrier on principle alone.

Anywho long story short I have just two company’s on my not even if the world ends list, State Farm and Wells fartgo I’ll spend more else where then give those f- ers a dime more of my money.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So this brings to light the question of the day.

Do I be a bitter asshole and move my insurance over something like this? State Farm has every bit of my insurance and has for over 10 years. They have treated me very well. I have my house loan and truck loan through them also. My agent is a great agent and has always went above and beyond in every aspect. She even got corporate involved in this where as it would have been just a simple no from the claims adjuster.

I type this as I walk into a local bank to talk about swapping my loans to them.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My uncle was a State Farm agent, didn't stop me from going somewhere else when I bought my house. I have Grange currently, except for the motorcycle.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So this brings to light the question of the day.

Do I be a bitter asshole and move my insurance over something like this? State Farm has every bit of my insurance and has for over 10 years. They have treated me very well. I have my house loan and truck loan through them also. My agent is a great agent and has always went above and beyond in every aspect. She even got corporate involved in this where as it would have been just a simple no from the claims adjuster.

I type this as I walk into a local bank to talk about swapping my loans to them.

Bitter asshole crew cking in :rofl: it’s whatever helps you sleep at night bud. I’m a man of principle and some bs just doesn’t sit well with me...

Oh I also forgot ATS for my list but that’s kind of a given.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Obviously this is a terrible situation, but it's not the insurance company's fault. At the end of the day, no insurance company is going to cover this and blaming them is absurd. To be clear, I loathe insurance company's.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Obviously this is a terrible situation, but it's not the insurance company's fault. At the end of the day, no insurance company is going to cover this and blaming them is absurd. To be clear, I loathe insurance company's.

Exactly. I have been with State Farm 35 years and very happy. Everything I own is insured with them.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

I’m not blaming State Farm by any means. The policy clearly states the non coverage. Just sucks

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I was with them for over 15 years, every car/truck/renters/house purchase. My good buddy was the agent, but they gave zero shits about loyalty and kept raising prices and i had a clean record. I found 5-6 co that would beat their price by at least half and i told them that i wanted to stay if they would at least help a little with the inflated price and they said they didn't care . I LEFT

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I was with them for over 15 years, every car/truck/renters/house purchase. My good buddy was the agent, but they gave zero shits about loyalty and kept raising prices and i had a clean record. I found 5-6 co that would beat their price by at least half and i told them that i wanted to stay if they would at least help a little with the inflated price and they said they didn't care . I LEFT

Same here.

Go to a body shop though and ask them about State Farm though.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I see it as theft of a vehicle plan and simple, i feel the insurance company is getting out of it on a technicality. You guys can defend them if you want that’s your business. I just see it “absurdly”:thumb:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I see it as theft of a vehicle plan and simple, i feel the insurance company is getting out of it on a technicality. You guys can defend them if you want that’s your business. I just see it “absurdly”:thumb:

It was not a theft, it was a scam. State Farm did not hand over the keys to the truck, the owner of the truck did. They had nothing to do with it. There is no scam insurance.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Seriously? Scam and theft not the same in this instance? Nah, BS. I can agree it is a scam, but that scam absolutely is theft, period. They took something and did not pay for it. If that's not the definition of theft, then what is?

Bottom line is they're getting away on a technicality.

As for Corbin, I hate this more than anything for you, bud. I am sincerely grateful for this being out in the open on here though bc I'm pretty sure it's going to save someone else from the same thing happening to them. I know I would have done the same thing as you (accepted a cashier's check in good faith that it is legit) but sure as hell won't now! :(

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Moral of the story is....

If a cashiers check is bogus just report it stolen...;)

What's the guy gong to say? But officer I scamed him fair and square?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Seriously? Scam and theft not the same in this instance? Nah, BS. I can agree it is a scam, but that scam absolutely is theft, period. They took something and did not pay for it. If that's not the definition of theft, then what is?

Bottom line is they're getting away on a technicality.

As for Corbin, I hate this more than anything for you, bud. I am sincerely grateful for this being out in the open on here though bc I'm pretty sure it's going to save someone else from the same thing happening to them. I know I would have done the same thing as you (accepted a cashier's check in good faith that it is legit) but sure as hell won't now! :(

So I take it you won't take responsability for your screw up? Someone else has to pay cause you screwed up. Grow up.