I need a new clutch

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
X2. No offence because I too have been there :(. I slipped my dual disc the other day sledpulling so I'll be getting a triple if it goes out. It probably just slipped cause it was under sever strain {unsural pulling setup :rolleyes:} and I've got to be over 600hp now.

yeah i probably gonna be looking to get a triple disc just to dont have any problems huh at least for a while :rolleyes:

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Unless you're running 600hp or better and sledpulling a lot I'd stick with a dual disc. The triples are around $3700 :eek:. SBC told me they'd hook me up with one though so I hope they can just upgrade/rebuild mine to a triple.

yeah i probably gonna be looking to get a triple disc just to dont have any problems huh at least for a while :rolleyes:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Unless you're running 600hp or better and sledpulling a lot I'd stick with a dual disc. The triples are around $3700 :eek:. SBC told me they'd hook me up with one though so I hope they can just upgrade/rebuild mine to a triple.

huh i might talk to them and see what they say

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I think you would be fine doing just a dual disc. I had the same thinkin you did but since my truck is my daily driver I opted for the dual. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the triples aren't street friendly.

tysmith

ZF-6
Aug 29, 2008
Talk to Peter. Tell him EXACTLY what you want to do with your truck. I had my dual disk strapped and it is sounds just like a single. I am VERY happy. South Bend Clutch all the way!

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I think you would be fine doing just a dual disc. I had the same thinkin you did but since my truck is my daily driver I opted for the dual. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the triples aren't street friendly.

Peter pushed me to a tripple, said it will drive better and shift faster than a dual??? I dont get it but i trust him so i now have a trip. Will drive it someday......

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
How soon you have it back on the road? I slipped my second DD this past weekend but this new turbo isn't helping the clutch live :rolleyes: :D.

Peter pushed me to a tripple, said it will drive better and shift faster than a dual??? I dont get it but i trust him so i now have a trip. Will drive it someday......

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas

Idk that guy in the Diesel Power Challenge that had a dodge with a triple couldn't click off anything faster than 15.xx or 16.xx. But maybe he just couldn't drive.

Hurry and get that truck back together and tell us how that triple works. And if you like it or not.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Ryans was weighted and weighted clutches don't shift worth a crap. I was talking with him right after he got back about it. That is a pull truck so that's why he had a weighted clutch put in.

Idk that guy in the Diesel Power Challenge that had a dodge with a triple couldn't click off anything faster than 15.xx or 16.xx. But maybe he just couldn't drive.

Hurry and get that truck back together and tell us how that triple works. And if you like it or not.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I priced a 3 disc upgrade last week and will definately be doing it if my current DD lets go. We'll see how my DD likes this bigger turbo :eek: :happy2:.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA

So far i like it, i have a bout 20 miles on it, i really dont notice anydifference from the dual disk, it shifts fine, makes all the same noises, its a bit smother to pull out easily theough the the dual!

Dazedandconfused

Lost in the diesel smoke.
Jul 26, 2007
Nothern Ky
I've installed and ran both SBC and Valair in Dodges. I installed a 2 DD Valairs and we could never get them to hold in the truck. Roll into it in third and soon as boost built it would slip, fourth and fifth the same. Installed a DD SBC and have not slipped it yet. I know to many people that have been burnt bye Valair to ever trust there product. I ran a SB FE in my old Dodge that had been in two other trucks one over 500Hp and the other over 450 and it out lasted my truck and never gave me a problem. Peter even told me before I installed it if it slipped he would replace it at no charge because he guaranteed it would work. That speaks tons for Peter and SBC. Freind just had his transmission grenade on him tearing up his new DD and Peter sent him another no charge. Customer service means the world to me. Thats just my $.02.

Dazedandconfused

Lost in the diesel smoke.
Jul 26, 2007
Nothern Ky
Its the truth dude. Dont know what your problem is with a clutch/company that has proved there self. Valair has yet to prove itself in our area on the sled track. Not one person I know that runs a valair is happy with any of there clutches. You call us SBC chearleaders and thats all you do is down them and chearlead for Valair. Show us proof of how well yours does and make us all believers.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Show mw where I dogged on sbc. I think I said one thing about some of their parts being foriegn made. And I don't cheerlead Valair. The clutch has never let me down and I just try to let people know their is more than one clutch manufacturer.

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
For what its worth, I've seen a SBC DD go south and a Valair now resides where the SBC did. Don't know how many hooks were on the clutch but I do know that Peter wouldn't do anything for him. The Valair holds just fine and works well all around. Valair does have great customer service also.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
man you need to go for a long drive get crazy on it and then tell us the story!:D

Works good for beating on to, with 3 11 sec passes on it, I did break the clutch though, The rivits on the PP let go, clutch still held power though! SBC replaced at no charge and in a timly manner as well!