I need a new clutch

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Its the truth dude. Dont know what your problem is with a clutch/company that has proved there self. Valair has yet to prove itself in our area on the sled track. Not one person I know that runs a valair is happy with any of there clutches. You call us SBC chearleaders and thats all you do is down them and chearlead for Valair. Show us proof of how well yours does and make us all believers.

Tey are not proving them selves in this area either, THey do have good cust service though, couple guys here keep breaking them and they keep sendin them new ones, sumthing like 4 this pullin season for one buddy!

Dazedandconfused

Lost in the diesel smoke.
Jul 26, 2007
Nothern Ky
All I can say is run what you believe in and hope it holds. They will all fail at some point I just get tired of pulling transmissions in trucks so I will stay with SBC until I get burnt or something better comes along.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
All I can say is run what you believe in and hope it holds. They will all fail at some point I just get tired of pulling transmissions in trucks so I will stay with SBC until I get burnt or something better comes along.

Wow I think I said the same thing in another post. And fwiw I'm going up to Valair to get my whole ring gear issue solved and they said hell while it's out let's go on ahead and refresh it while we are there. Dan wants to put something he thinks will be better and hold more.

Ps I have nothing against anyone who runs a sbc. Except the one prick that pulls with us that is a total tool.

thedirtymax

Kansas Roughneck
Dec 7, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
heres my 2 cents. the reasons that i bought a sbc and would buy again is 1) Peter cut me a hell of a deal and 2) i called 2 days before i was supposed to get my clutch to make sure everything was goin all good. Peter told me that their was a mistake and his guy forgot to drop off the discs, then he asked me how badly i needed the truck back up drivin and i told him real bad. he said ok ill next day air it to you and the extra cost is on me. i checked online the cheapest price for a 118 lb package to get next day aired to my house was 480 bucks. the clutch was at my door step the very next morning. he covered it all to keep his customer happy and ended up not makin as much on the clutch because of the next day air. i will definately be calling Peter at sbc when its time for another clutch!

Last edited: