I have seen the impossible!

justin_08

Blackmax
Jan 31, 2012
Indiana
Really wish i would have read this a year ago when I rebuilt my lb7. Prob would have been cheaper than my motor now!

kappelmd

Nov 23, 2010
What to do?

I know mileage will play in a decision to replace a long block with just heads, but I am still confused on if you have the option to either replace just the heads on an LB7 with heads from an LLY or is it justified to replace/splice the wiring harnes so you can run a non-mechanical wastegate and replace an entire LB7 with an LLY(long block)?

Last edited:

24vchevy

Ya,but it's a Chevy!
Mar 29, 2011
Who's got the software to have the lb7 ECM control the lly injectors and make it run right?

24vchevy

Ya,but it's a Chevy!
Mar 29, 2011
I know EFI was used to tune it. I was wondering if anyone is willing to share the tune.

Thanks Malcolm

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
The harnes is for 01-02 LB7 to LLY/LBZ swaps. It plugs into the stock un cut LB7 engine harness, then plugs into LLY or LBZ injectors. They are correct length and correctly color coded for each specific injector. It's not needed for 03-04 LB7 to LLY or LBZ unless you want to do it the hard way lol. I'm not a site vendor anymore, so I can't sell them here sorry. They aren't hard to make, just time consuming.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I know EFI was used to tune it. I was wondering if anyone is willing to share the tune.

Thanks Malcolm

Each truck is going to be different. Russ had asked me if I had a tune to get him started and I couldn't help him because my motor isnt stock...at all. Big CP3, Big Turbo, Big Injectors, Lower Compression, Big Cam, etc. If I remember correctly, Russ's truck he was converting was pretty stock, so if he gets a tune to work with it, your best option would be to pay him for the tune.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The harnes is for 01-02 LB7 to LLY/LBZ swaps. It plugs into the stock un cut LB7 engine harness, then plugs into LLY or LBZ injectors. They are correct length and correctly color coded for each specific injector. It's not needed for 03-04 LB7 to LLY or LBZ unless you want to do it the hard way lol. I'm not a site vendor anymore, so I can't sell them here sorry. They aren't hard to make, just time consuming.

I like how you did this. Perfect for stock conversions. Now we need a wholesale supplier of new or reman LLY heads since there seem to be none left on the market anymore lol

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
if it works for 01 02 lb7 why wouldnt it work for 03 04 as its the same harness?And IIRC Pat has said if there is no 1 else selling this its a non comp and can be sold here.As a non vendor.Kspnet wanted to sell his ram air on here and pat said if no 1 else was selling it it wouldnt be a big deal,but checkin with pat would be best.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
if it works for 01 02 lb7 why wouldnt it work for 03 04 as its the same harness?And IIRC Pat has said if there is no 1 else selling this its a non comp and can be sold here.As a non vendor.Kspnet wanted to sell his ram air on here and pat said if no 1 else was selling it it wouldnt be a big deal,but checkin with pat would be best.

You can use them, but it would be doing it the hard way is what he said. If you have an 03-04 LB7, it's a no brainer to do a full LLY swap as it is directly plug an play versus swapping in LLY heads and making everything work along with the completely custom tuning. And 01-02 harness's are slightly different from 03-04 harness's, but not in a way that would effect the use of adapters like these. The changes were made in teh plugs that hook into the fuse panel and body harness's as well as teh engine side is slightly differrent for the oil pressure sensor of 03-04 versus the 01-02 oil pressure sender. I'm sure theres more that I'm forgetting though.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

03-04 you just use the LLY harness NSBU and ECM, do an emergency relearn and away you go, it's that simple.