HTT EFR For Dmax

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Just an update... this turbos is working awesome. Just can't believe how quick it spools for a 67.7 compressor side, I gaurantee if I handed the keys to someone, they'd think it was a stock turbo under the hood under normal driving. Really comes on strong in the mid and top end though.

I've been able to install Borg Warners shaft speed sensor and have been using my Edge Insight to monitor it, so I can watch turbo RPM and have been able to dial in the gate accordingly. I was actually able to turn the boost up some from where I've been running it and my EGT's at wide open throttle are down some. Plan to have Rob do some fine tuning in just a couple of weeks to see if there is anything more we can squeeze out of the stock motor and injectors.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for the updates. A video would be sweet (I'm not on Facebook so I couldn't watch the one you posted on page 2)! Nice to keep getting updates:thumb:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I've got it set at 30-psi to error on the safe side of turbo shaft speed. Judging by the numbers I'm seeing at the speed sensor, I think I could push it up to around 35-psi and still be under Borgs recommended threshold.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I've got it set at 30-psi to error on the safe side of turbo shaft speed. Judging by the numbers I'm seeing at the speed sensor, I think I could push it up to around 35-psi and still be under Borgs recommended threshold.

How do you think this charger would hold up on a built engine with larger injectors and dual fuelers? I'm assuming at that point it would be spinning past Borg's recommended threshold? I'm asking because I'm looking into which charger to run once my engine is finished.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I guess what I'm asking is, if I wanted to make 700-750 hp how much more would I be pushing that charger than you are now. I'm just wondering at what point would I be cutting it close on the charger's max shaft speed?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I finally got mine in so it will go on a dual fueled built lly.
I have a tune that made 850 with twins or with a 483.
I will put it on I have the road rage data log with boost drive egt and turbine speed.
We can video it. I may blow it up.
If that doesn't I will run my 990 tune and spray it.
But it will be tested we are just slam packed at yhe shop.
I had to make a t3 2.5" spacer with wastegate actuator on bottom it is a tough fit.
I will get htt turbine housing next time.:thumb:

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
I finally got mine in so it will go on a dual fueled built lly.
I have a tune that made 850 with twins or with a 483.
I will put it on I have the road rage data log with boost drive egt and turbine speed.
We can video it. I may blow it up.
If that doesn't I will run my 990 tune and spray it.
But it will be tested we are just slam packed at yhe shop.
I had to make a t3 2.5" spacer with wastegate actuator on bottom it is a tough fit.
I will get htt turbine housing next time.:thumb:

Glad to hear it!! Please keep us updated

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Sure will
There is a guy on psa put one on a 6.0 in place of the turbo in your sig.
He says it spools better and performs great.
Hint hint :)

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Did you just say 6.0 on this forum!? Can we get a mod to take care of this? :D
Unless I were to get a deal on the turbo I think I'll let you be the guinea pig.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Its hard to get them as it is.
I will blow one up for us tell you guys how fast drive egt etc.
I will do my best to keep egt down so we don't melt down.:happy2:

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I've got over 1,500 miles on the truck with this turbo and have loved every bit of it. Actually spent some time at ATP trucks a week ago and decided it spooled good enough that their were no changes made from my stock turbo tuning for it. Going to be towing with it here in another week or two.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Nice! Thanks for the update, still running around 30psi? Also what shaft speeds are you seeing and what is the magic number that they want you to keep it below?