How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Man ya just sparked my interest with that picture.. Who holds the "270 King" plate these days? I might run up and take a stab at breaking the loop record, since someone else laid down a blistering new Cannonoball time last weekend in a bone stock Audi..

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...n-cross-country-record-of-26-hours-38-minutes

Think of it as Social Disobedience Protesting, while practicing Safe Social Distancing. Guy in the Audi clipped almost an hour off the E63 record set last fall. I just want to do a lap around the Outside of Columbus, and hang that [270 KING] plate on my Dually... :woott:

It's a 58-59 mile loop... Only major construction is 71/270 on the south side..
No clue what the record is

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Man ya just sparked my interest with that picture.. Who holds the "270 King" plate these days? I might run up and take a stab at breaking the loop record, since someone else laid down a blistering new Cannonoball time last weekend in a bone stock Audi..

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...n-cross-country-record-of-26-hours-38-minutes

Think of it as Social Disobedience Protesting, while practicing Safe Social Distancing. Guy in the Audi clipped almost an hour off the E63 record set last fall. I just want to do a lap around the Outside of Columbus, and hang that [270 KING] plate on my Dually... :woott:

Come and nail it.

Traffic is low now. 33 coming out of Columbus is dead also.

You could lay down some serious speed around it now

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Banker called me at 9:30pm Saturday and said that our PPP loan was approved with funds depositing today. Nothing like a "free" $85k for payroll...
;)

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Got word last Friday that our jobsite was approved to reopen by the govonors office. So its back to the daily grind this morning.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Banker called me at 9:30pm Saturday and said that our PPP loan was approved with funds depositing today. Nothing like a "free" $85k for payroll...
;)

There is alot of that going on for businesses.

If you guys have SBA loans, check in with them. They are also doing a setup based on 2.5 times your monthly payroll for those that own a company that may be forgiven at the end of the year. that "maybe" is always a big deal but plan ahead.

We have been semi steady here. Commercial business at our distributors has fallen greatly but new home construction is still going strong. Orders have dropped from what they were but whats coming in is keeping the guys busy and money rolling. It will be interesting to see how we do after the 30th if still on lock down, but we will do what we can. We have taken extra precautions with our guys and the shop as well. Its nice to see them understanding of what is going on and would rather do what they can to help and keep working than to try to cheat the system and get a free paycheck.

Last edited:

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Unfortunately it happens. Guy only knows one thing. What he did not know and was probably not written anywhere is the fact that there were 3 pallets Be glad you got the first 2 with no issue. Sucks that yo had to make a second trip to get what should have been done the first time.

Yeah, he was just doing what he thought was right. No issue. It all got worked out.

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
This whole shutdown thing is going to have to start coming to an end pretty soon. Talked to my two sister-in-laws over the weekend. Both are nurses of more than 10 years (i.e. not newbies), one has been furloughed until further notice, and the other has had her hours cut by 50%. Between cancelling all elective procedures, and having essentially none of the Coronavirus cases that was predicted, the hospitals are practically empty. And this isn't a tiny rural hospital, we're talking a hospital serving 1.5 million people (though granted, it's over a fairly large area).

The original prediction a month or so back was over 12,000 hospital beds needed in NC at the peak. The revised prediction about 2 weeks ago was 7800 beds needed. The current actual number of hospitalizations in NC is 313 (the vast majority of which are from nursing homes), and the most recent models say we're either right at, or just past, the peak. Total available beds in the state without any expansions or temporary facilities is about 7500.

It's time to get back to work (in most areas). The whole purpose (so we were told) of the shutdowns was to prevent the hospitals from being overloaded. Well, in most areas (i.e. the entire STATE of North Carolina), the hospitals haven't been overwhelmed, or anything close to it; ironically, they're furloughing nurses and doctors for the exact opposite reason. It's time to end a statewide shutdown over a number hospitalizations that represent <5% of our hospitals' standard capacity. It's becoming more and more obvious that geographic regions without extremely high population densities (i.e. large metropolitan areas) aren't going to have the rapid spread that places like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, New Orleans, etc. have had, and it's time to stop treating everywhere like they will.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
^^^ agreed. This should speak volumes about any sort of modeling. In Houston we only have 4,000 cases and we are a city of 10mil. A hospital that only services 1.5mil was projected to need 12,000 beds? What a joke. We have only had 350 deaths “due” to covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Montana has population of little over 1 million. Currently we have 394 confirmed with the Kung Flu and 171 of those recovered. 7 deaths blamed due to complications. Total hospitalizations 47 and only 21 active hospitalizations. Whole state is still shut down.

Everybody stopped talking about the regular flu where as of March 28, 2020 there was 11,158 cases, 488 hospitalizations, and 16 deaths.

Our governor is useless and just waits until Chuck/Nancy calls to tell him what to do.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
In Houston we only have 4,000 cases and we are a city of 10mil.

No disrespect but when did Houston become the 3rd largest US city. Even including out lying at best your talking 8 mil. I am glad the infections rate is low as well as the death rate.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
This whole shutdown thing is going to have to start coming to an end pretty soon. Talked to my two sister-in-laws over the weekend. Both are nurses of more than 10 years (i.e. not newbies), one has been furloughed until further notice, and the other has had her hours cut by 50%. Between cancelling all elective procedures, and having essentially none of the Coronavirus cases that was predicted, the hospitals are practically empty. And this isn't a tiny rural hospital, we're talking a hospital serving 1.5 million people (though granted, it's over a fairly large area).

The original prediction a month or so back was over 12,000 hospital beds needed in NC at the peak. The revised prediction about 2 weeks ago was 7800 beds needed. The current actual number of hospitalizations in NC is 313 (the vast majority of which are from nursing homes), and the most recent models say we're either right at, or just past, the peak. Total available beds in the state without any expansions or temporary facilities is about 7500.

It's time to get back to work (in most areas). The whole purpose (so we were told) of the shutdowns was to prevent the hospitals from being overloaded. Well, in most areas (i.e. the entire STATE of North Carolina), the hospitals haven't been overwhelmed, or anything close to it; ironically, they're furloughing nurses and doctors for the exact opposite reason. It's time to end a statewide shutdown over a number hospitalizations that represent <5% of our hospitals' standard capacity. It's becoming more and more obvious that geographic regions without extremely high population densities (i.e. large metropolitan areas) aren't going to have the rapid spread that places like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, New Orleans, etc. have had, and it's time to stop treating everywhere like they will.

Wake and Duke hospitals are EMPTY...

Time for the shanagans to come to an end...

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Sounds like we all just need to start taking action and living again, rather than simply talking about it. WE give THEM power, and yet we’re letting them take that away from us?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sounds like we all just need to start taking action and living again, rather than simply talking about it. WE give THEM power, and yet we’re letting them take that away from us?

^^^^^^^Amen

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
This is why I keep wondering why they throw numbers out there for their prediction models instead of percentages. I believe some time back they predicted a possible 200,000 deaths in US. The number itself seems to be like the shocker to where if it were put into a percentage of the population that could possibly die from the infection people would not even pay that much attention.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
This is why I keep wondering why they throw numbers out there for their prediction models instead of percentages. I believe some time back they predicted a possible 200,000 deaths in US. The number itself seems to be like the shocker to where if it were put into a percentage of the population that could possibly die from the infection people would not even pay that much attention.

That wouldn't fit their agenda

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No disrespect but when did Houston become the 3rd largest US city. Even including out lying at best your talking 8 mil. I am glad the infections rate is low as well as the death rate.
I think it is 4th behind New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
^^^ agreed. This should speak volumes about any sort of modeling. In Houston we only have 4,000 cases and we are a city of 10mil. A hospital that only services 1.5mil was projected to need 12,000 beds? What a joke. We have only had 350 deaths “due” to covid.

No, the entire STATE of 10.5 million people was projected to need 12k beds. And the entire STATE is only currently using 313. That one hospital I mentioned would (typically) represent well less than 10% of either of those numbers.

Our total deaths in the state just surpassed 100 today. Original projections about 2 weeks ago was for 3100 deaths in NC. As of the newest models out just this afternoon, the projection is down to 415 total (which I think is still likely too high). So...it's even worse (or I suppose better, depending on your perspective) than you think.

And if our shitty-ass governments would do something to keep this out of the nursing homes, it probably wouldn't even be half that. Seriously, they shut down the local offroad / dirtbike park (private) that I go to frequently because "it wasn't possible for the business to practice social distancing guidelines". WTF!?!?! It's a 2500 acre wooded offroad park with less than 100 people there per day! We're talking social distancing to the tune of 25 ACRES PER PERSON! Yet that same government is doing absolutely nothing about all of the sick workers that are going into under-staffed nursing homes every single day, sometimes multiple nursing homes per day, spreading it to dozens of 80+ year-olds with a plethora of underlying conditions. Nothing, NOT ONE THING, is being done by the government about that.

It's maddeningly infuriating to me. Like, I'm pretty young, and I can actually feel my blood pressure going up thinking about it. Not really because of the actual inconveniences placed on me (I've kinda enjoyed a little 'slow-down' time), but rather because they've focused on all the wrong things, rather than on the more important things, and coincidentally the things they could have actually made a difference on. And dozens or hundreds or thousands of people are going to die because of it. It's really sad.

Our governor is useless and just waits until Chuck/Nancy calls to tell him what to do.

Roy Cooper here in NC is exactly the same way. He's a complete POS, has been for WAY longer than since he became governor a couple years ago.

The virus is notably slowing down here, and every day the models and forecasts predict less and less total cases and deaths. What does Roy Cooper do effective today? Enact further restrictions on retailers regarding store capacities, one-way aisles, general BS like that.

I'm genuinely curious: has a single person caught Coranavirus while shopping for groceries? I'd bet the number of people that have caught it in a manner like that is EXTREMELY small.

Wake and Duke hospitals are EMPTY...

Time for the shanagans to come to an end...

Yup. This is Vidant in Greenville that I was referring to earlier.

But the mother of a good friend of mine is a nurse at a WakeMed hospital. She said that it's been a ghost town for weeks.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
No, the entire STATE of 10.5 million people was projected to need 12k beds. And the entire STATE is only currently using 313. That one hospital I mentioned would (typically) represent well less than 10% of either of those numbers.

Our total deaths in the state just surpassed 100 today. Original projections about 2 weeks ago was for 3100 deaths in NC. As of the newest models out just this afternoon, the projection is down to 415 total (which I think is still likely too high). So...it's even worse (or I suppose better, depending on your perspective) than you think.

And if our shitty-ass governments would do something to keep this out of the nursing homes, it probably wouldn't even be half that. Seriously, they shut down the local offroad / dirtbike park (private) that I go to frequently because "it wasn't possible for the business to practice social distancing guidelines". WTF!?!?! It's a 2500 acre wooded offroad park with less than 100 people there per day! We're talking social distancing to the tune of 25 ACRES PER PERSON! Yet that same government is doing absolutely nothing about all of the sick workers that are going into under-staffed nursing homes every single day, sometimes multiple nursing homes per day, spreading it to dozens of 80+ year-olds with a plethora of underlying conditions. Nothing, NOT ONE THING, is being done by the government about that.

It's maddeningly infuriating to me. Like, I'm pretty young, and I can actually feel my blood pressure going up thinking about it. Not really because of the actual inconveniences placed on me (I've kinda enjoyed a little 'slow-down' time), but rather because they've focused on all the wrong things, rather than on the more important things, and coincidentally the things they could have actually made a difference on. And dozens or hundreds or thousands of people are going to die because of it. It's really sad.

Roy Cooper here in NC is exactly the same way. He's a complete POS, has been for WAY longer than since he became governor a couple years ago.

The virus is notably slowing down here, and every day the models and forecasts predict less and less total cases and deaths. What does Roy Cooper do effective today? Enact further restrictions on retailers regarding store capacities, one-way aisles, general BS like that.

I'm genuinely curious: has a single person caught Coranavirus while shopping for groceries? I'd bet the number of people that have caught it in a manner like that is EXTREMELY small.

Yup. This is Vidant in Greenville that I was referring to earlier.

But the mother of a good friend of mine is a nurse at a WakeMed hospital. She said that it's been a ghost town for weeks.

I’m assuming you’re talking about brushy, and if so you must live close

Status
Not open for further replies.