How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
The problem that I see is sorta in line with what Smokinlmm is saying. You’ve sent all these people home. Do you really think they’re all going to stay cooped up in their houses with their kids they have barely spent time with and spouses they can’t stand half the time? No. They aren’t regardless of any stay home order. This is evident at places like Walmart. My Nana works there and says the amount of morons bringing their 15 kids in the store to roam around and touch and snot on everything is insane. I’ve seen it personally. If every member of society did stay home then yes, it would slow it down. But with big stores like Walmart open (along with hundreds of others along with other “essential” workplaces, it’s only slowing down the inevitable. Sure staying 6 feet away from someone will help. But what about the things they touch that don’t get sanitized. If people do stay home and a family member goes to a store or comes in contact with someone with the virus, now that entire household and everyone that they may come in contact with is in danger as well. I don’t know everything, just thinking through it all. It’s stressful as hell. The government can’t shut everything down. That’s taking away our rights as Americans. But without that even shutting down a percentage, you’re just delaying the inevitable and creating more and more unemployed Americans living off tax dollars. Big businesses that are open will get richer. Small businesses and “nonessential” workers will lose more and more of their livelihood every day that passes. It’s not black and white. In any way shape or form.

Edit: one more point to add. This virus doesn’t give a rats hind end if half the population stays home. It doesn’t care if some businesses close. It doesn’t matter if people stand 20ft apart. It’s going to find it’s way around any way it can. That’s it’s nature as a virus. Airborne. Surfaces. Contact. All it takes is one. One unknown transmission from even the most careful and clean person can cause a pandemic. Which if the info we have been told is true, is exactly what happened. Stay safe out there my DD family. I know not everyone will agree with my words. And that’s fine. Much rather express my thoughts here than a Facebook pissing match any day

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
So your common sense doesn't tell you if you don't overwhelm Healthcare system that more people will survive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not from covid19. Yes, people will have a better chance at surviving car crashes and heart attacks and such. That's what the shut down is about, I never said it wouldn't help with that situation. I was making a point that the shut down will not save anyone from covid19, it's enevitable that everyone will eventually contract it we are just slowing it down and at what cost? The entire future? My 96 yr old grandmother is pissed off bc she says we are destroying everything they built up for us. Their generation had real suffering for what we have today, millions died in wars and millions more from dieases, think about that...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Not from covid19. Yes, people will have a better chance at surviving car crashes and heart attacks and such. That's what the shut down is about, I never said it wouldn't help with that situation. I was making a point that the shut down will not save anyone from covid19, it's enevitable that everyone will eventually contract it we are just slowing it down and at what cost? The entire future? My 96 yr old grandmother is pissed off bc she says we are destroying everything they built up for us. Their generation had real suffering for what we have today, millions died in wars and millions more from dieases, think about that...

Then she should've been pissed for the last 20yrs. This virus hasn't changed anything about how our country is ran, just everyone can easily see it now.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

You said it won't save lives from Covid. That's flat out wrong. We are buying time. Who knows what that time will reveal. A cure or maybe even a vaccine.

Do your grandmother's a favor and don't feed into that BS. Just tell her we will get through it just like we have got through everything else. Suggesting that our entire future is at risk is the same BS fear mongering as the media is doing.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You said it won't save lives from Covid. That's flat out wrong. We are buying time. Who knows what that time will reveal. A cure or maybe even a vaccine.

Right now the predictions for a vaccine are somewhere on the order of 12 to 18 months. We either stay at lockdown, which we all know is impossible for that length of time, or more then likely we all end up getting it and develop herd immunity before then

Both outcomes have downsides. It sucks that some may loose loved ones from this but right now I think just as many if not more may die or suffer greatly if we crash the economy any more then it is.

What is happening is unsustainable for very much longer without much worse consequences

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
With all these trillions of dollars allocated for different things; no one has addressed money to back up our electronic grid. If the grid goes down, we are finished as a country. Perfect scenario to be taken over with little effort.:eek:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Right now the predictions for a vaccine are somewhere on the order of 12 to 18 months. We either stay at lockdown, which we all know is impossible for that length of time, or more then likely we all end up getting it and develop herd immunity before then

Both outcomes have downsides. It sucks that some may loose loved ones from this but right now I think just as many if not more may die or suffer greatly if we crash the economy any more then it is.

What is happening is unsustainable for very much longer without much worse consequences

I don't disagree with that at all. There is no easy way out of this. While I think all this BS we have implemented ain't worth a shit I'm greatful at the same time. If the healthcare system where to get overwhelmed and my family got sick we would be on our own due to the health issues that run in my family.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
With all these trillions of dollars allocated for different things; no one has addressed money to back up our electronic grid. If the grid goes down, we are finished as a country. Perfect scenario to be taken over with little effort.:eek:
Not here in TX we got our own grid. If it goes down we got a mountain of oil and gas...lol

In reality I don't think there is a remotely fast solution. Building up the power grid to where it should be will take decades and trillions more dollars. Even TX struggles and we are one of the most proactive states when it comes to building up infrastructure. Who know what the white house is working on though. Since all the media cares about is this over hyped Covid BS.

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
We used to be good with electricity until the domestic terrorists shut down some of our coal fired plants. Now the power company keeps warning us that if we have even a small "oh shit" moment that everything will go dark.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Some interesting statistics regarding this virus compared to others

[YOUTUBE]iHB7D5-wdgA[/YOUTUBE]

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Depending on which professor ya ask, pandemics ranks right above a big rock from the sky in best ways to knock humans off the top of the food chain. Wiping ourselves out has been the leading favorite among the experts since before I was born. Yes seasonal flu fatality numbers are often much higher than we've seen so far in this latest covid outbreak. The key being so far. The flu kills about 0.1% globally as where this bug is running 1-3% currently. Italy has been running in the 10% range. Plus the flu strains spread out over a year, vs a 60 day "purge" as in this pandemic. And while the Doomsday Clock is now measured in seconds rather than minutes, I believe this little lesson in biology will ultimately bring us into a better age globally.

The Internet nerds have been expecting such events for thirty years now. Why ya think the web is one of the few stable things globally chugging along just as it did before Covid. We designed and built it to be smashed, trashed, cut off, blown up, and still maintain the ability to route and deliver an email around the globe without human intervention.

Speaking of nerds, if you'd like to hear a calm explanation of how this is not the end of the world, but rather a lesson to be learned from, watch this Trevor Noah interview with Bill Gates a couple nights ago. As some of you know Bill gave a TED talk on this exact type of Covid outbreak a few month back. So now some believe he's behind it, and not the Chinese backing Democrats to **** up Trump... :rofl:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6bzmz...t-pandemics-and-the-challenges-that-lie-ahead

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
There is something to this all, started in China during new year, started in Italy during Lint, started in Iran during Ramadan and started here during spring break. All major mass migrations of people to better propagate the spread over entire countries from one event. Seems a little strange...

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
I'm glad someone finally posted something about Lieber. I haven't heard any follow up since the guy was arrested though.
Thanks, try to keep with the facts so I don't get discredited here from now on. I still can't find my favorite post by James yet but it will turn up, an oldie but goodie.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.