How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Then I walk into one of the offices, and our Hourly Safety Chairperson is sitting there all miserable. I ask him whats up, he says, " I dont feel well." Man, I about lost it....

I like this guys approach to the problem..

df2fb99486ad1beb40be9015cfc6fda9

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
We are all just along for the ride at this point :)

Wrong attitude^^^

So what should he/we do?

We can't really do anything.. getting all riled up emotionally will complicate anything bad happening with unthought out knee jerk reaction..

Is it a difficult bridge to cross? Seams so, a lot haven't made it, thousands more have though, and from what they say, it's not fun.

Like a big swell in a little boat that you can't out run, and you don't know which direction it's coming from..so you do what you can to set yourself up for the best results and plan for the worst results, panicked "kills" people more than almost anything else

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
I'm never "along for a ride". Not my persona, I drive my fate...
Very likely in this life at some point you will find out that your not quite as large and in charge as you feel at this point. Just sayin..... Many people have things happen that are completely out of there control and it only makes a person miserable to try and fix them. There is a time and place for the command and control attitude and I'm not sure that trying to fight the corona virus regulations would be it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I think it's less about the virus and more about not giving up core freedoms to try and prevent the inevitable spread of the virus. I get what NC-smokinlmm is saying. Are we causing more damage with the shutdowns than the virus itself? The problem is the answer to that question is subjective and based on a lot of speculation, no matter how you slice it. So there will be disagreement about any approach taken.

I think the way it is being handled is appropriate, but I'm also not so naive or trusting to just go along with it blindly. Some people may feel we have already crossed certain lines, and some probably feel we aren't doing enough. It is going to be interesting to watch the social/political side of this all play out.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
economy vs staying safe from the virus. its an extremely thin line and where that line is placed is different for everyone.

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
I think the way it is being handled is appropriate, but I'm also not so naive or trusting to just go along with it blindly. Some people may feel we have already crossed certain lines, and some probably feel we aren't doing enough. It is going to be interesting to watch the social/political side of this all play out.
I agree with this

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
economy vs staying safe from the virus. its an extremely thin line and where that line is placed is different for everyone.

I had a guy on the job site put for this question...
Problem with his question is there's too many unknown variables..

Is saving 1 live now worth losing 2 lives in the long run due to the human cost associated with economic problems?

What is human life worth? Government has an answer they won't say though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I had a guy on the job site put for this question...
Problem with his question is there's too many unknown variables..

Is saving 1 live now worth losing 2 lives in the long run due to the human cost associated with economic problems?

What is human life worth? Government has an answer they won't say though.

yup and i know people that will argue it the other way. you stop the economy and it will lead to more deaths in the long run and they made valid points on it. im not saying thats my opinion, just that i can see it go both ways

there is no "right way". we are going to incur deaths and all anyone can do is theorize what might be the best way to go about it but we will not know what really was the best way till AFTER all this is done and over in a year or two.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Definitely agree it can be argued both directions..

Honestly think the "right way" is somewhere in the middle of both sides,
Americans generally aren't known for "sheltering in place" well, especially for extended periods

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
One solution would be to let it run it's course, and not cripple the economy. It will run it's course either way.
This currant path is not sustainable, and ridiculous.

Give the CDC and FDA the responsibility of working through Doctors on only the seriously ill, and not expect the President and Congress to make medical decisions.

Halting elective surgery, and telling hypochondriac people with good insurance that they are nowhere near sick enough to justify a trip to the ER three or for times a month during outbreaks.
Stay clean, don't be rude with your sneezes and coughs. And...good luck humans. We are only temporary from the day we are born. Get used to it.
Snedge from compd

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us

I left Sarasota FL March 6th, two days after first case showed up in the hospital a mile from where I was working. That patient #1 was not a local, and just walked into the ER. Up until then, I had full intentions of hoping a plane to Idaho the following week to help out a customer on his boat project.

But rather than increase the risk to myself or family, I drove directly home to OH and spent next 14 days sticking close to the house, avoiding all outside contact.. While my wife continued to go to work in a public health dept every day...

Early last week I pushed the issue with her as to why I'm setting here at home with a house full of supplies stocked up and she's out running the roads every day. To a building that now has people walking in off the streets requesting a Covid-19 test they don't even have...

Long story short, she's staying in a camper off site, and as of past Monday working remote from it. I'm eating steaks every night and packing on the pounds, planning my next move. The county I'm setting in today has zero confirmed cases. The county she works in only has two today, but there is eight confirmed within 500yrds of me, across the OH river..

For now I'm in hide under a rock mode, with full intentions to bust a move back to FL soon as I secure a shop to move all my toys into, where I can self isolate again and ride out the storm. Until that's in play, I stay where risk is currently lowest in the US, besides some dude in hills of Montana.

There is very few right or wrong decisions in this shit storm. Everyone must weight the risks reasonably as per their own personal situation. I'm fairly positive I already had it back in early Feb. My business partner is a heavy world traveler, plus I took couple plane rides myself in Jan/Feb. Am I willing to bet my ass on that assumption, NO...

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I left Sarasota FL March 6th, two days after first case showed up in the hospital a mile from where I was working. That patient #1 was not a local, and just walked into the ER. Up until then, I had full intentions of hoping a plane to Idaho the following week to help out a customer on his boat project.

But rather than increase the risk to myself or family, I drove directly home to OH and spent next 14 days sticking close to the house, avoiding all outside contact.. While my wife continued to go to work in a public health dept every day...

Early last week I pushed the issue with her as to why I'm setting here at home with a house full of supplies stocked up and she's out running the roads every day. To a building that now has people walking in off the streets requesting a Covid-19 test they don't even have...

Long story short, she's staying in a camper off site, and as of past Monday working remote from it. I'm eating steaks every night and packing on the pounds, planning my next move. The county I'm setting in today has zero confirmed cases. The county she works in only has two today, but there is eight confirmed within 500yrds of me, across the OH river..

For now I'm in hide under a rock mode, with full intentions to bust a move back to FL soon as I secure a shop to move all my toys into, where I can self isolate again and ride out the storm. Until that's in play, I stay where risk is currently lowest in the US, besides some dude in hills of Montana.

There is very few right or wrong decisions in this shit storm. Everyone must weight the risks reasonably as per their own personal situation. I'm fairly positive I already had it back in early Feb. My business partner is a heavy world traveler, plus I took couple plane rides myself in Jan/Feb. Am I willing to bet my ass on that assumption, NO...

I feel the same way, pretty sure I caught it in Germany, I felt bad/weird two weeks after I got back. I don’t want to risk it though since my parents are older and my granddad is 93. So I’m playing it safe and just not going out for now.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
*sigh* The crazy people have taken over at our work center.....common sense has left the building. Just give me my diad and leave me alone....

Ya know, stuff like this just makes me wish for retirement even more.....

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
^^^^ haha

edit- the arrows were for AthenaLMM's post not laughing at TheBac

this is the picture above the sink in my control room at work, i laughed harder than i probably should have

Attachments

• wash your hands.jpg
    wash your hands.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
Here in Montana for the past month we have had a large influx of what we call "you people". It brought in more people who were infected and spread it to locals. Also the wealthy/celebrity who have 2nd-3rd or whatever homes here have showed up and think the rules do not apply to them. We are not happy. In fact 1 Rez is tossing anybody out who is not from Montana.

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Here in Montana for the past month we have had a large influx of what we call "you people". It brought in more people who were infected and spread it to locals. Also the wealthy/celebrity who have 2nd-3rd or whatever homes here have showed up and think the rules do not apply to them. We are not happy. In fact 1 Rez is tossing anybody out who is not from Montana.

I’m sorry, but I’m giggling at “you people.” Mostly because I wish we referred to the Californians as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.