Question: How many of you guys do your own tuning?!?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Mines a hodge podge of different guys... Mostly my buddy Reece but he had help with the Lilly stuff on my truck from Simon and Tony and some others. I recently started playing with it. It's overwhelming at first but im starting to get the hang of it...

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Do you use Josh's timing calculator? That's where Id start out and then smooth out what areas your like. On the vanes there could be a limiter or something messing with it. Hard to tell without a log or anything.

Too much rail pressure can cause what a lot of people confuse for timing rattle.

I just recently found his calculator, and it was after my truck was in pieces (Which still isn't back together), either way I have since adjusted my timing tables, just haven't loaded anything in yet. I'm in the process of installing an s475 so I won't need to worry about the vanes any longer, Lastly I'm thinking it was timing, because I didn't change the rail pressure, I was told it would destroy injectors.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What's funny, is I have a poster at work with Casper on it.

A customer said, "Hey, see that truck? I know the guy who tuned it! Bill #####"

Since he was a customer, I just nodded. :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What's funny, is I have a poster at work with Casper on it.

A customer said, "Hey, see that truck? I know the guy who tuned it! Bill #####"

Since he was a customer, I just nodded. :D

Would you still nod if he said Steve #### ? :roflmao:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The best tuning comes from the person who sits in your cab. ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

Soooooo true I also leave it to be pros.I want the best I can get and that will be provided buy a guy with a ton of experience and he will be driving my truck and making adjustments so it is just right.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
The best tuning comes from the person who sits in your cab. ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

Soooooo true I also leave it to be pros.I want the best I can get and that will be provided by a guy with a ton of experience and he will be driving my truck and making adjustments so it is just right.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
My dad's truck took all the abuse from me learning to use EFI. It has to be the toughest truck I have ever seen, and lots of its competitors will agree. I have done a few for friend of a friend type people, and have come to the conclusion that I'd rather buy a locked tune from a real tuner and just be the guy who puts it in the truck for folks outside of family. Trying to tune a cummins is taking up a lot of time now, it's so much different but still fun. I think EFI is a lot like fishing, when it's not fun anymore, it's time for a new hobby.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I have the V2 and want to start somewhere but have no idea where to begin just viewing things... Thats why forums are my favorite place to be :D

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
I do my own tuning, took forever and lots and lots of hours reading tunes and understanding what to do and how to do it the right way but finally gotten to where I can satisfy my needs and still learned for future progression, it's not too hard to figure out, just gotta be patient and don't go to crazy without asking the professionals :D

ThebigGids

Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, wa
I have the V2 and want to start somewhere but have no idea where to begin just viewing things... Thats why forums are my favorite place to be :D
Kory has a small lmm tune you can look at he has posted over on duramax forum not sure if he posted it here also. Its on his website but has a password and you'd have to find the thread probably

Found it : http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/139078-free-unlocked-40hp-ppei-lmm-tune.html

Just look up the history once you pull up the tune will show everything has done to it.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC