How long are your Thermocouplers' lasting?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Did they send you the probe with the extra ground wire attached? I have had both and they both failed multiple times!

No they are not wanting to replace mine at all first one too... D-MAX Store is fighting the good fight I am not the only one that they have in line with this fight... As far as I am concerned there is plenty of evidence on this thread alone that the problem with their probe and not with their customers. I have yet to personally enter this fight, so far I've left it in the vendors hands.

LML Cajun

Nov 7, 2015
Opelousas, La
I always deal with edge direct. They told me that the older trucks are prone to grounding issues but not the LML. Good customer service from them just a hassle to swap out everything. I would call them and ask for a probe with the extra ground.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Autometer installed in 2003 that had already been used on a motorcycle for 2-3 years, almost 130K miles later and still going strong with original K type thermocouple :thumb:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
In 8 years of having EGT gauges in my truck, I've only had 2 probes go bad. First was the probe that came with my ISSPRO guage (thinking I got 3-4 years out of it). Replaced it and was fine but swapped out guage/probe for Autometer Phantom II with new probe and that probe lasted 3-4 years and recently crapped out (well I'm assuming it's the probe as I haven't gotten around to swapping it out yet) with erratic readings.