LML Horrendous Duramax Crash this morning

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Looks like he was doing 100mph or close to it.. I was waiting for someone to grab him from the truck and slap him around.. what a POS.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Dang, that annihilated the little car. Wouldn't have expected to see such a difference in damage between the truck and other vehicles.

I hate drunk drivers. Seems they never manage to kill themselves in their drunken state, just innocent people.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
If you look at the video the drunk driver is wearing black and he tries to run away on the left side of the truck but stumbles just before the northbound lanes and a firefighter eventually goes over there to check on them and then leaves them there and walks back to the accident scene.

Also, these trucks are limited to 98 stock and it appears this was a stock LML and that he was running from the cops from a previous hit-and-run collision just before this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rta1197

May 21, 2018
I haven't been able to watch the whole thing yet...but that's bad. I really wish people would be responsible. Life is so short.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rta1197

May 21, 2018
Yeah, I couldn't even see anyone left in the car.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Yeah, I couldn't even see anyone left in the car.

At 2:52 she's face down in the back seat wearing black jeans, black belt & a black top. The little bit of color in the tangled carnage is her left elbow and her neck.

So sad... :(

rta1197

May 21, 2018
At 2:52 she's face down in the back seat wearing black jeans, black belt & a black top. The little bit of color in the tangled carnage is her left elbow and her neck.

So sad... :(
Looked again... you're right.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
The asshole

df4dac2493cd6fb681d460f1db97c397.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Well, that'll make me rethink getting a car for a daily driver. That's just terrible. :(
It is tempting to think that, but this is a one in 300 million event. I daily drive a 1998 Pontiac, and it would be vaporized in this situation, but odds are I'll never be in this situation. If you plan for this happening, you're better off driving a dump truck, or safer still not driving at all. You can get anything delivered to your doorstep anymore if you've got the $$.

None of this is to make light of what happened, or imply we shouldn't give this guy the chair. I freaking hate drunk drivers, and wish the penalties were higher. Especially today when you can get a cab, Uber, Lyft, etc. at any hour on short notice. Just don't drive if you're not sobered up! We have no right to gamble other people's lives like that.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It is tempting to think that, but this is a one in 300 million event. I daily drive a 1998 Pontiac, and it would be vaporized in this situation, but odds are I'll never be in this situation. If you plan for this happening, you're better off driving a dump truck, or safer still not driving at all. You can get anything delivered to your doorstep anymore if you've got the $$.

None of this is to make light of what happened, or imply we shouldn't give this guy the chair. I freaking hate drunk drivers, and wish the penalties were higher. Especially today when you can get a cab, Uber, Lyft, etc. at any hour on short notice. Just don't drive if you're not sobered up! We have no right to gamble other people's lives like that.

My thought is buy the newest vehicle you can afford to daily drive. Newer vehicles are safer. But you are right the odds of it happening are slim. I don’t understand why people wouldn’t sleep it off, I have a few times. And it seems when I tell people they’re concerned that I slept in the back seat. I’m short so it’s pretty comfortable :rofl: