Hop issue

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
It's weird because my CV angles are actually really good for having the keys in. I gotta get my hands on some stock one for next season tho. My buddy runs air bags maxed out during pulls and he does pretty good but every truck is different and in my case my truck is not liking something lol

Could be different keys than mine then. Mine are fine for DD and haven't had a problem except for pulls.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Are you on tapatalk app or just online on the forum? The app is well worth it if your not using it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I haven't read through the whole post but my trucks right around 700rwhp using a danville stock appearing 2.5 charger..fI'll built motor, tranny, drive line on a 3500 dually..I'll tell you from having the same problem in the past, your gonna have to get rid of the leveling keys and put the stockers in..My tires rub really really bad with the stick keys, but I change mine out at the pull, and put the leveling keys back in for the ride home..I got the swap down to about 15 min each time..either do that or get a 4" lift and run the stock keys..

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
[YOUTUBE]DW6UlmB8YXQ[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_4847_zpsba8fwfpc.png

The angles are fine for DD but for pulling you want them flat or negative. When the front of the truck lifts the angles get worse.

Last edited:

06BlackStallion

Jun 30, 2013
North Brookfield,MA
When I turn them down I can get them close to flat but I don't wanna risk it anymore gotta get me some stock keys. I was told by a reputable 2.6 puller to pump my air bags up to 100 psi but I'm confused cus some of you guys are sayin not to put any air to them.

06BlackStallion

Jun 30, 2013
North Brookfield,MA
I was told to get the back of my truck up so more weight is on the front to try to help hop up front. I have an adjustable hitch so it can be set up then put at 26". I'm just confused I'm gettin told all different things and this guy is a well known puller.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Most certainly the lift keys. Take them out and put stocks in and head for 300'! James at BCH helped me out tremendously when I 1st started pulling. He will steer you in the right direction. Also don't overlook your shocks. If you have longer shocks (or shock extenders) make sure those come out too.

As far as the air bags, they can be helpful to set your desired "stance" but more often than not no air seems to work fantastic. On the other hand, I do know a few trucks that run their bags maxed out and do extremely well.

06BlackStallion

Jun 30, 2013
North Brookfield,MA
^^thanks man I appreciate it. I have bilsteins in it know that are for stock height and I still don't know what I wanna do for tomorrow lol. I wanna max the bags out and make some front stops to let the keys all the way down on but at the same time I feel like I should run no air like my truck used to be and see what happens.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I don't see how airbags are going to help if your running solid suspension stops. Now if you weren't running stops then yes bags will help. Both together doesn't make sense because the bag is picking the truck up off of the stops and when it hits a hole it's going to bounce up and down off the solid instead of just staying on the solids.

Next pull you go to register for 2.5 and 2.6 classes. Run the first hook with air in the bags, then run the next hook with no air and see what happens. It's that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk