Highest Stock CP3 HP?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I find it quite entertaining:thumb:

Yep, although I still dont understand it now, sober...:roflmao:

Hey, we have to learn about this stuff somehow.:eek: You guys all have already been over this stuff but we haven't...:hug:
All of us have been there, just ask away
Hell, I've asked some of the most out-there questions before, and still do. :)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
All of us have been there, just ask away
Hell, I've asked some of the most out-there questions before, and still do. :)

I think I've asked the dumbest! Go back over your really old posts on forums and shewww. You'll be like why did I even say that haha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
See, that's a question that's not asking for tuning advice:D

And to answer it, yes there is- when the entire engine setup isnt optimized for the larger injectors. If you had stock motor A with 40% over injectors and dynoed 600hp with the airflow being the limiting factor; then you took stock motor B with 300% over injectors (given they were the same spray angle and hole count) you'd make more power with stock motor A. Why? Because overfueling causes lower cylinder temps and with that large of an injector youwwouldn't be able to pull pulse width enough and add enough pressure to compensate for the larger droplet size.

Tim
Why would you not be able to pull pulse back enough? And why is your pressure not going to be high enough?

If you could actually calculate the amount of fuel going into the cylinder from injector A to injector B to be the exact same. Then Inj. A is open for X amount of micro seconds And Inj. B is open for quite a bit less Ms.

Theorectiaclly ( SP ) wouldnt it be the same or perhaps even better with the larger injector?

Think of a wash gun :D

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
You would theoretically be able to achieve the same quantity but the cylinder temps due to droplet size would be the concern. My truck is a little different because controlling the lly injectors is difficult, but we've seen that there is a very very small timing and pulse width window with the bigger injectors

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You would theoretically be able to achieve the same quantity but the cylinder temps due to droplet size would be the concern. My truck is a little different because controlling the lly injectors is difficult, but we've seen that there is a very very small timing and pulse width window with the bigger injectors

For what? That you loose or gain power??

Is that because your injectors on a LLY are so small to begin with?:poke: