Hey there =)

kayla j

pretty much a big deal ;)
May 5, 2009
biloxi, ms
Do people still do that with a duramax :confused:

hahahahha! people who dont have a high income, yes! lmao the motor is stock...
I picked my truck up yesterday and its making Loud clattering noise kinda sounds like the valves, it does it when i give it gas and also at high RPM's any ideas would be appreciated....

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
hahahahha! people who dont have a high income, yes! lmao the motor is stock...
I picked my truck up yesterday and its making Loud clattering noise kinda sounds like the valves, it does it when i give it gas and also at high RPM's any ideas would be appreciated....

start a new thread in hard parts you will get better feed back .

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Hey, Kayla, from your description, it could be loose valvetrain but it also kinda sounds like combution/injector rattle.

Did you get a whole diff motor or have your old one repaired? If its been repaired, it could be a valvetrain issue.

If its a whole nother motor, might check it for fuel leaks, restricted lines, and such. Id recomend replacing the fuel filter too. If it has had a new filter put on, I've had some issues with some filters causing rattling too. If its drawing in air to the fuel system or if theres a restriction, it can cause that loose valves sound.

I also would inspect, the flexplate/flywheel bolts, crank damper. Theres actually a number of things that could be suspect. Especially since you've just had a major repair done.

Like Trent said, would be a very good idea to start a fresh thread about your problem and with as much info as you can provide so we can help ya better ;)

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
this is an intro thread chris please keep tech to a minimum, or i may have to push my completely imaginary ban button:rofl:

kayla j

pretty much a big deal ;)
May 5, 2009
biloxi, ms
Hey, Kayla, from your description, it could be loose valvetrain but it also kinda sounds like combution/injector rattle.

Did you get a whole diff motor or have your old one repaired? If its been repaired, it could be a valvetrain issue.

If its a whole nother motor, might check it for fuel leaks, restricted lines, and such. Id recomend replacing the fuel filter too. If it has had a new filter put on, I've had some issues with some filters causing rattling too. If its drawing in air to the fuel system or if theres a restriction, it can cause that loose valves sound.

I also would inspect, the flexplate/flywheel bolts, crank damper. Theres actually a number of things that could be suspect. Especially since you've just had a major repair done.

Like Trent said, would be a very good idea to start a fresh thread about your problem and with as much info as you can provide so we can help ya better ;)

well thanks for all your help, ill head over there now and post a thread

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
this is an intro thread chris please keep tech to a minimum, or i may have to push my completely imaginary ban button:rofl:

Chris does not ban people, he sends them on short term "un-paid leave"

thats the truth

Isn't mytmousemalibu's name Chris???

well thanks for all your help, ill head over there now and post a thread

Good luck in finding out that rattle situation...Hopefully nothing major...