Heading to the track tomorrow.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Ya im kicking myself in the ass for selling my stockers, i just did research and this is what i've found so far

just my 285/65/18 tires weight total of (4) 208lbs

stock pyo's weight 17lbs per rim

265/70/16 32lbs per tire so a total of 196lbs w/rims

im still trying to figure out how much my 18" diamo's weight..

But you fig. less wieght and smaller diameter tire = a better 60 ft. for sure , id say you would've broke into the 12's IMO

i notice a huge diference in power when i installed my 18's now im in the hunt for h'2 with a 29" diameter tire just for when i bring it to the track:rolleyes:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Don't get me wrong I happy with the 13.2 exspecially at are DA wich is about 5,400. I know there are 12s in her, just have some stuff I need to figure out.

My buddy is selling some drag slicks of his old race truck, just got to get the wife to let me spend the money lol.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Don't get me wrong I happy with the 13.2 exspecially at are DA wich is about 5,400. I know there are 12s in her, just have some stuff I need to figure out.

My buddy is selling some drag slicks of his old race truck, just got to get the wife to let me spend the money lol.

My wifes my accountant to..:roflmao::rofl:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
:rofl: sometimes its good for me but other times she just freaks out. She was so mad when I built the trans.

Well i was smart when i built my trans i went up to her with a sad look and said "Babe my trans isnt doing so well not sure how much longer it will last and i need to fix it asap because i plow with it" Now mind you there was absolutely nothing wrong with the trans..:roflmao: so she bought the story and handed me the money for the build and off i went on a 7 hour road trip to maryland.:woott:Did the same kinda story for my rims and tires:eek::roflmao: Only thing now is im giving my truck a bad name she thinks its a POS :D

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Well i was smart when i built my trans i went up to her with a sad look and said "Babe my trans isnt doing so well not sure how much longer it will last and i need to fix it asap because i plow with it" Now mind you there was absolutely nothing wrong with the trans..:roflmao: so she bought the story and handed me the money for the build and off i went on a 7 hour road trip to maryland.:woott:Did the same kinda story for my rims and tires:eek::roflmao: Only thing now is im giving my truck a bad name she thinks its a POS :D

Lol I just took her for a ride and made it limp :rofl:. My wife thinks mine is a POS to and she call's it the b*&ch.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Omg hahah thats awsome.. now i dont feel as bad!:thumb:I got to come up with a story for a bigger turbo...but im afraid she will say "sell that f^&king POS will ya..Poor lb7:eek:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Omg hahah thats awsome.. now i dont feel as bad!:thumb:I got to come up with a story for a bigger turbo...but im afraid she will say "sell that f^&king POS will ya..Poor lb7:eek:

Mine is coming around to be better she wants her own duramax to start sled pulling.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just remember guys....its always easier asking for forgiveness than asking for permission. ;)

Try telling your wife you hurt the motor. If she says, "Do what you have to to get it back up running", never ever let her go. :thumb:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Just remember guys....its always easier asking for forgiveness than asking for permission. ;)

Try telling your wife you hurt the motor. If she says, "Do what you have to to get it back up running", never ever let her go. :thumb:

hahahahah :thumb: i dunno man im hoping when it comes time for a rebuild she says those very words....as of right now i doubt it maybe in a couple years,i gave my poor truck a bad name already!:roflmao:

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011

Omg that is hysterical. I told my wife I was taking my truck in to get the trans serviced. Less than 4 hours later Mike L. Had built my trans. She never did see that receipt.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Try leaving easier, I usually leave 8-10 psi, clamp my springs front and rear, 28psi up front 26psi rear, PYO's with 285's my best time was a 12.65 @ 105 with a 1.71 60'. Leaving harder always yielded a slower time.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Try leaving easier, I usually leave 8-10 psi, clamp my springs front and rear, 28psi up front 26psi rear, PYO's with 285's my best time was a 12.65 @ 105 with a 1.71 60'. Leaving harder always yielded a slower time.

I will try that. I need to get some tires for my pyo's.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I told Trent i was going to spray the hell out of to try to get to 11s on a stock turbo. He told he would slap me lol.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Good time man. Lots of good ideas in here too. My suggestion(only because I was just in your shoes about 3 weeks ago) is to only clamp the front of the springs, lower tire psi to like 25 and leave as hard as u feel comfortable leaving. My 60 was the same as yours but I had my truck down to 6500 with me in it. And my drivers front sits about an inch lower than my pass front. U will get that 12 man

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Good time man. Lots of good ideas in here too. My suggestion(only because I was just in your shoes about 3 weeks ago) is to only clamp the front of the springs, lower tire psi to like 25 and leave as hard as u feel comfortable leaving. My 60 was the same as yours but I had my truck down to 6500 with me in it. And my drivers front sits about an inch lower than my pass front. U will get that 12 man

I only had the front springs clamped next time i will try lower air pressure if i don't get better tires.